A longtime ohio arfcom tradition is the new guy buys the beer
View Quote

Friday evening works for me!

Thanks for all the congrats and welcomes
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A longtime ohio arfcom tradition is the new guy buys the really good craft beer that swingset doesn't normally buy
View Quote

Amended.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Welcome to CBUS!  Lots of good stores and entertaining things to do.

I recommend Easton as a great entertainment spot.

To me....The best gun shops are Vances and Cabela's.
View Quote

Vance's is in an increasingly shitty neighborhood, with a stupid long wait, and the only thing Cabelas has going for it is the selection, pricing is atrocious.

YMMV and this is just my opinion.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Vance's is in an increasingly shitty neighborhood, with a stupid long wait, and the only thing Cabelas has going for it is the selection, pricing is atrocious.

View Quote

That's the Vance's on Cleveland Ave.  Vance's south location (4250 Alum Creek Dr. Obetz, OH 43207) is in a much more pleasant area, large selection, and an indoor range.  The wait varies a lot, from non-existent (when the Buckeye's are playing) to an hour (tax refund time).

Cabela's has a great selection because it has high prices, they kinda go hand in hand.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried going to the Vance's on Alum Creek Dr? That the one I go to.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Every time I go to Cabelas they have one brand our another of 9mm on sale for a good enough price. And they always seem to have .22 on the shelf
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Vance's, north of Columbus, often has 22 in stock. I buy the Federal 325 packs fairly regularly for $22, I think?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
  Amended.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A longtime ohio arfcom tradition is the new guy buys the really good craft beer that swingset doesn't normally buy

Amended.

Name the place. I'll buy the really good craft beer

if only there were a really nice patch of woods and Hills where we could drink and camp and shoot. Kinda hit you right in the feels around Memorial Day weekend, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know if anyone is interested, but I saw an ad for an FFL dealer on the Eastside of Columbus who was selling Glocks for really reasonable pricing. He had the Glock 43 for $439 comma. This was advertised  in the gun groups on weme.com. this is as low as I have ever seen them offered.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's the Vance's on Cleveland Ave.  Vance's south location (4250 Alum Creek Dr. Obetz, OH 43207) is in a much more pleasant area, large selection, and an indoor range.  The wait varies a lot, from non-existent (when the Buckeye's are playing) to an hour (tax refund time).

Cabela's has a great selection because it has high prices, they kinda go hand in hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

vances on cleveland is not that bad, since the new store opened up the wait times are next to nothing since the new store opened.
a few weeks ago the counter guys were out stalking the floor trying to help people.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

if only there were a really nice patch of woods and Hills where we could drink and camp and shoot. Kinda hit you right in the feels around Memorial Day weekend, doesn't it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amended.

Every time I miss it, I remember that when I cleaned the range for a shoot I always got poison ivy, attacked by ground bees, or broke something on the mower...and then I drink a beer and watch the Mexican guys cut my grass. It's a short-lived bit of nostalgia.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Good perspective really is the secret of life
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
So what's a good local joint around Roberts road/Hilliard-Rome road area?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lucky's, and Rooster's are really the only decent options in that vicinity.  There are other bars, but meh.  If you head north into Old Hilliard, there's Otie's, and the Old Bag of Nails.  South of the Old Bag of Nails is Benito's.  It's a tiny little place that's fun to hang out at.

Rooster's is a wing joint, and Old Bag of Nails is more restaurant than bar.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Got the new Rusty Bucket, to check out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lucky's, and Rooster's are really the only decent options in that vicinity.  There are other bars, but meh.  If you head north into Old Hilliard, there's Otie's, and the Old Bag of Nails.  South of the Old Bag of Nails is Benito's.  It's a tiny little place that's fun to hang out at.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like going to Otie's and the Old Bag of Nails in Old Hilliard.

If you go to Otie's you've got to try their fried bolony sandwich.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#17]
No love for the Starliner Diner, huh? I love their food. Some unique dishes and still gets great ratings.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

If u like breakfast food.. Chefs House is great. NW corner of that intersection.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No love for the Starliner Diner, huh? I love their food. Some unique dishes and still gets great ratings.
View Quote

We love Starliner.  They were closed for a construction project and reopen on Friday June 3rd.  No idea if it will look anything like it did before.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g50442-d403046-Reviews-Starliner_Diner-Hilliard_Ohio.html

We also love Louie's Fusion Grill; sometimes the bartender adds so much tequila to the margarita you don't need a second.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g50442-d3613197-Reviews-Louies_Grill_Fusion-Hilliard_Ohio.html

Both are excellent.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#20]
You don't want GC unless you like sitting in traffic.

West side isn't a bad commute to hilliard. I'm actually stuck here now. You'll be confused about where you are. Mexico or Somolia. I was gone about 20 years and it's an unrecognizable getto as far as I'm concerned.

My old standby is Hilliard but I've been out of there over 10 years. It was top notch but i can't speak much for it anymore since I've been gone too long. I can tell you it's grown and much busier. I know you can still find a decent place to live. I work out of Hilliard.

Marysville has been thrown out. I spent over 10 years on the other side of Marysville. 30 to 40 minute drive was worth it. Depending where your going you can make some good times on the country roads. 33 isn't bad till you get to 270. Marysville exploded in growth while i lived there. In town got busier as it grew. Didn't bother me too much because I live right outside of town but had all the conveniences under 10 minutes away. Before had to drive into Dublin or Hilliard.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A longtime ohio arfcom tradition is the new guy buys the beer

I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I lived in the place just south of 70 and just west of Rome Hilliard Road for six months after selling my first house before buying my second period it's an OK place, and the rent is reasonable. I don't know what it's now, as that was 10 years ago.  

I would second Marysville as an option....
View Quote

There are several in that area and I've known people that have lived in them all one time or another. There is the big one off Rome Hilliard with several complexes. My brother lived in Parkview, all the way in the back by the pond when it was new around 2000. My cheating ex wife moved there in 2012/2013 because it was cheap. Planned it behind my back. Had a moving company come in and empty my house while i was at work. Fucking whore.

Anyway.... Is that where you were or off Feder road?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ball Corporation.  Just north of Roberts road off of charter street
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drive from the next town west of London (South Charleston), and travel to the east side of Columbus (Gahanna).  From South Charleston to 270 at Hilliard is 30 minutes.  Your trip should be 20-ish.

Where in Hilliard are you talking about?

ETA: Grandview is a nice little liberal college town.  If you are young, you might enjoy the girls..

That side if Hilliard.... I lived in Hilliard Park there on Roberts. Walking distance. I moved in when it was new and it was nice. Townhouse with a garage. Was paying around $800 then. Back early 2000's.

A good friend that I met there lives right around block from where you'll be working. On Walcut. You could actually walk to work. Ball is in their back yard. They are newer nice townhouse with a garage. I can ask him to see if there are any open rentals.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That side if Hilliard.... I lived in Hilliard Park there on Roberts. Walking distance. I moved in when it was new and it was nice. Townhouse with a garage. Was paying around $800 then. Back early 2000's.

A good friend that I met there lives right around block from where you'll be working. On Walcut. You could actually walk to work. Ball is in their back yard. They are newer nice townhouse with a garage. I can ask him to see if there are any open rentals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drive from the next town west of London (South Charleston), and travel to the east side of Columbus (Gahanna).  From South Charleston to 270 at Hilliard is 30 minutes.  Your trip should be 20-ish.

Where in Hilliard are you talking about?

ETA: Grandview is a nice little liberal college town.  If you are young, you might enjoy the girls..

Hilliard Park is where I ended up.  Been here since the 24th, seems nice so far.  And yes like you said, walking distance to work, only 3/4 of a mile
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I lived on Heathchase. Rented the place while it was under construction. Waited for it to be done so I could move in.

They still have the car wash? My old Camaro still has tokens in the console.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I lived on Heathchase. Rented the place while it was under construction. Waited for it to be done so I could move in.

View Quote

Yep, it's still here.  With all the rain we've been getting my truck is staying fairly clean. There's a restaurant that just opened across the street, beer barrel, it's always packed.  They have some damn good food and ice cold beer
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep, it's still here.  With all the rain we've been getting my truck is staying fairly clean. There's a restaurant that just opened across the street, beer barrel, it's always packed.  They have some damn good food and ice cold beer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When are we all meeting up then?

I'm less than 5 miles away.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#29]
South Charleston (just west of London) but I'm in.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top