Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2016 10:33:04 AM EDT
One more ECCL post...

On Saturday April 23rd ECCL will be hosting a 3 gun stage.  

*** Please email [email protected] to preregister for the event ***

On site sign up will be 8-9, 9 til 9:30 will be a safety briefing and stage walkthrough. Shooting will start at 9:30. $10 a run donation to the club.

The event will consist of one stage with rifle, pistol and shotgun targets ranging from 10 yards to 300 yards.

Participants should have a holster and the means to safely carry rifle and pistol magazines. A pouch for shot shells will be provided if shooters do not have carriers.

Shooter will start with pistol holstered on empty chamber with magazine inserted,  Rifle will be staged on empty chamber with magazine inserted and shotgun will be staged with tube filled to division capacity on empty chamber.

We will follow 3 gun nation rules to segregate the different classes of shooters... open, tac ops, tac irons, heavy metal etc...

Scoring:

Targets will consist of a mix of steel, paper, static clays and aerial (popper) clays.

Rifle steel will be called as a "hit" by spotter. Rifle paper will be one hit in "a" zone and 2 hits anywhere on paper

Pistol steel will be engaged until it falls. Pistol paper will be one hit in "a" zone and 2 hits anywhere on paper

Shotgun steel and clays will be engaged until it falls or clay breaks (one pellet is a break)

A 200 second par time will be in place to help alleviate some of the hurry up and wait associated with a large group running one stage.

Approximate round count if shot clean:

20 rifle
24 pistol
15 bird shot

#6 or lower bird shot with no "magnum" shells, no steel shot will be allowed.
No slug/buck
No steel core ammo (magnet check will be performed)

This stage will be a "feeler" to gauge interest in the sport of 3 gun at ECCL, please support the event if you would like to see more 3 gun events in the future.

Again, please preregister using the [email protected] email address.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Spoke to ECCL today and they have given us the use of another bay (100 yards). We will break our main group up into two squads on the morning of the event.

Plan on the second stage having the same approximate round count as the first.

Shooting fee will be adjusted from $10 to $15.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am glad you are putting this on.  I hope you have a better turnout than I did at my precision rifle match last year.  

I am still trying to see if my family calendar will be clear that day or not.  Right now I am scheduled to take my kids to Columbus for a birthday party.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
This looks fun...I am signed up and ready to go.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Our plans changed so I'll be able to shoot now, until they change again.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am glad you are putting this on.  I hope you have a better turnout than I did at my precision rifle match last year.  

I am still trying to see if my family calendar will be clear that day or not.  Right now I am scheduled to take my kids to Columbus for a birthday party.
View Quote

DO IT AGAIN...I HAD TO WORK.

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Standing at 17 shooters so far....

Just a reminder that you need to preregister for the event.

To save time on match day I will pre enter all of our shooters in the match software, the plan is to use practiscore so that you can view your standing that evening.

Shooters are also being placed in the shooting order based on their preregistration.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Signed up and can't wait, First match any advice or helpful hints?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

1) Listen to the range commands and keep your muzzle downrange at all times.
2) Have magazine and shot shell holders.  Magazine carriers are pretty prevalent.  Do not plan on carrying shot shells in a bag, they will fall out when you run during the stage.  If you don't have specific shot shell carries, the bandaleers that Dicks and Dunham's sell work well for retention, they are just a bit slow.  
3) Your time will be slow, so make your shots count.  You can't miss fast enough.  Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.  
4) Practice firearm manipulation between now and then.  Know how to clear jams, how to re-seat magazines etc.
5) Have a plan.  As you go through the stage walk through, think about when you're going to reload, what order you're going to engage the targets, etc.
6) Ask people to see their gear and why they use what they use.  
7) Most of all have fun.  The scores don't matter.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2) Have magazine and shot shell holders.  Magazine carriers are pretty prevalent.  Do not plan on carrying shot shells in a bag, they will fall out when you run during the stage.  If you don't have specific shot shell carries, the bandaleers that Dicks and Dunham's sell work well for retention, they are just a bit slow.  
3) Your time will be slow, so make your shots count.  You can't miss fast enough.  Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.  
4) Practice firearm manipulation between now and then.  Know how to clear jams, how to re-seat magazines etc.
5) Have a plan.  As you go through the stage walk through, think about when you're going to reload, what order you're going to engage the targets, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ 1 on everything above.

One of the biggest things that gets new (and old) shooters is the 180 rule. That is your muzzle cant break the imaginary 180 degree shooting line.

Practice moving side to side with your various weapons while keeping your muzzle down range. Practice reloading while keeping positive control of your weapon. Practice getting your finger out of the trigger while moving and reloading. Practice putting your safety on and off (grounding a hot gun with the safety off, if it has one, is a DQ).

Lots of good you tube videos on how to approach your first stage.

My plan for the 1/2 an hour safety brief and stage walkthrough is to also include a brief "clinic" on how to shoot the stage with all the 3 gun safety rules in mind.  

Also... Let the RO running you through the stage know its your first time, we can give you pointers as you move through the stage.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
bump for update
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Yay!  Good move on ECCL's part.

Do you need more clay pigeon stands?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
bring them along if you can.

Currently we have everything we need for both stages but its always nice to have backup if something crazy happens.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Where is ECCL?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Just to clarify the round count:

~40 rifle
~50 pistol
~30 shotgun

??

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Match update... registration is closed the match is full.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Don't forget your eye pro, ear pro, chamber flags and a pair of gloves if your worried about lead exposure from resetting the steel targets.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just to clarify the round count:

~40 rifle
~50 pistol
~30 shotgun

??

Thanks
View Quote

Those numbers are still good if you shoot the stages clean.... I will be hiring a ammo Sherpa to follow me around with a wagon of loaded magazines and a box of Kleenex to wipe away my tears of frustration. Tested some of the targets this weekend and needed a sandblaster to knock the rust off from a winter of not shooting
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
One more question...

Are you going to use 3 Gun Nation divisions 3 Gun Nation Rules or are you just going to lump everyone together like Action Shooting does or some combination?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
One more question...

Are you going to use 3 Gun Nation divisions 3 Gun Nation Rules or are you just going to lump everyone together like Action Shooting does or some combination?
View Quote

Yes, we will use 3 gun nation divisions along with their scoring convention (per practiscore).
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#19]
My work schedule got in the way of this one but I'm glad to see that you filled the match.  Hopefully that is an indicator that there is enough interest for regular or semi-regular future matches...

Have fun guys!

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Just had two cancelations, first two emails ([email protected]) get the slots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Clarification needed on shotgun, States #6 or lower.
Is this #6-7-8 etc
Or #6-5-4
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Clarification needed on shotgun, States #6 or lower.
Is this #6-7-8 etc
Or #6-5-4
Thanks in advance
View Quote

#6, 7, & 8's.  Ill have a mix of clays and steel knock overs... I may or may not put a couple steels on the outer limits of what an improved choke and 8's can handle.

Let the gaming begin!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome day, thanks everyone for being so cool and helping us beginners. Thanks to the R.O.s and the organizers as well.

Let's hope they let us continue there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Awesome day, thanks everyone for being so cool and helping us beginners. Thanks to the R.O.s and the organizers as well.

Let's hope they let us continue there.
View Quote

Ditto, very well done.  

ECCL members who shot, send an email to [email protected] and tell them how well the match went and to let more 3 Gun matches take place, and to use me ranges, 3 stages would be even better.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like everyone had a good time and made it home with all their fingers and toes... I'd say it was a good day.

Scores are listed under ECCL in practiscore.

Thanks to all those who jumped in to help set up and tear down the stages.

Special thanks to the Gunworks crew for ROing the "balls of death" stage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like a good time! Wish I could have made it up for that.

What were the yellow swinging targets in the 100yrd video??
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Softballs, they were "hoser" targets for fun.  The thing is, they were so close, if you didn't aim high, they weren't hoser.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Softballs, they were "hoser" targets for fun.  The thing is, they were so close, if you didn't aim high, they weren't hoser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Height over bore".... gets them every time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for hosting...it was a great time!!!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top