Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:57:19 PM EDT
Long shot I know, but a local guy I have used many years for my taxes is apparently going through some medical issues right now and now preparing taxes for people this year.  Anyone in OH recommend someone good to do my taxes, preferably someone who does them for police?  I'm in the Columbus area but willing to travel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there something unique about taxes for a policeman?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's probably wants them done for free. :)

-- Chuck
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I figured as such. Taxes are pretty easy with TurboTax or any number of programs. They shouldn't take much longer than an hour, if you have all your forms in front of you (or can get them online).
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, no. I have been paying my old guy $200/year to do them for years. Not looking for a free handout just looking for someone familiar with common deductions for law enforcement deductions because I'm not sure what I can claim.

But thanks for assuming things
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you find anybody yet?  Im not a cop but I have tons of deductible items I claim for work, and expenses. I have been using same person for 8 years always with good results.  Would be a little of a drive for you, but very affordable @$105 for long form i have 23 pages in mine  located in malvern oh. I can pm you info if needed
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol, no. I have been paying my old guy $200/year to do them for years. Not looking for a free handout just looking for someone familiar with common deductions for law enforcement deductions because I'm not sure what I can claim.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's why I asked. I'd be curious to know what kind of job-related things you (or any W2 employee) could write off. I'd think you can look over your old tax returns to see what has been claimed in the past.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
And you would have needed reciepts, hence you should already know what kind of things the guy deducted.

unless of course you're the guy that brings a shoebox full of paperwork and collects a tax return a few weeks later.

All my contacts are in SW OH, but H&R Block or TurboTax are pretty easy to use if you only looking to get through one year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And you would have needed reciepts, hence you should already know what kind of things the guy deducted.

unless of course you're the guy that brings a shoebox full of paperwork and collects a tax return a few weeks later.

All my contacts are in SW OH, but H&R Block or TurboTax are pretty easy to use if you only looking to get through one year.
View Quote

I have receipts saved for everything I think I can claim but I just want some reassurance so I don't fuck it up. I'm not sure of the % of mileage I can use for driving personal car to training and such.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top