Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 11:28:38 AM EDT
I'm in the search for a Model 24. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with ODNR/Game Warden using one to hunt before. The law states one hunting implement at at time, and I would be using a single gun. I'm sure if I was deer hunting with it, I couldn't have rifle ammo in the gun or my bag, but beyond that, it would be nice to walk through the woods with and have a bit of flexibility.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
my 1st hunting gun was a old savage 22/410 over under... if i didnt see a deer, i would shoot squirrels with 22 CB's

"one hunting implement"

its is 1 gun....
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a model 24, 20 gauge and 22WMR. It's heavy enough that I wouldn't really want to lug it around in the woods all day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now, if they made one in .357mag over 20ga.  Now that's something I'd buy.
View Quote

They did make a 357 mag over 20 ga. They are rare, and every one I see is going for almost $1000.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my 1st hunting gun was a old savage 22/410 over under... if i didnt see a deer, i would shoot squirrels with 22 CB's  

"one hunting implement"
its is 1 gun....
View Quote

That is kind of what I figured, and kind of the idea of getting one. Take a walk through the woods to hunt one thing, get skunked and switch to another animal without going back to the car.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top