Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/29/2016 3:26:14 PM EDT
Well sort of laid off. My boss called me in the office today and told me I will be getting laid off NEXT week. I don't think he was supposed to tell me but wanted to give me a heads up so I can get a jump on updating my resume and to submit any expenses for reimbursement.

I do water and wastewater design, project management and construction inspection. If anyone knows of related open engineering position give me a shout. I can give you a copy of my resume as well. Ive got 7 years of experience plus my PE license for Ohio and should have my Kentucky License very soon and working on Indiana as well.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Had to giggle at the title as you posted "just got laid" and not "laid off"...
Let me check with my buddy, he's a supervisor with the state in downtown Cincinnati. They do chemical testing for compliance...is that up you stream? If he has openings I will get a better job description for you..
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, might want to edit that thread title.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
LMFAO! Nice title bro.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha sorry about the title, I posted from my iPhone and didn't notice

@morlock13, I live in Cincinnati. My experience is with the design of sewers, pump stations, treatment plants, waterlines, etc... But my background is in environmental so I am familiar with chemical testing, lab work, EPA permitting and so on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Wolpert Engineering in the Dayton area. I don't know if they are hiring but they do your type of work.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Also check http://www.emcorgroup.com/jobSearchForm
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard Flint, MI might be looking for someone like you...haha, sorry had to. Hope the best for ya, I'm in the NE so not much help down there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Willing to relocate north?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#9]
@Spartikis: Check out hamilton-city.org. They have a couple of engineering jobs open.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montgomery/default.cfm

Montgomery County Ohio.  Hope this helps.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top