Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 11:42:01 PM EDT
Was at the ranges today and some of the guys said that the
Walmart of Media was not letting the Toys For Tots people/Marines
stand inside to collect the toys. They had to stand outside to take toys
bought in the Walmart!
I found this:Toys For Tots Medina
I shop there but I also bitch to them a lot when they screw up!
I also tried to call Toys For Tots Medina but no number listed.

PITA45
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife showed me this on Facebook.  If true its absolutely ridiculous.  I try to avoid Wal-Mart all together and this reaffirms why I do.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not feeling the rage on this.  They have a newer manager who is just following corporate policy on no solicitation inside the store.  I am sure some lawyer came up with the policy because some asshat somewhere sued for something.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly, corporate policy being followed is no reason to blame the poor soul that is doing their job. As for the organization of the T.F.T.. I would think they could be better prepared to facilitate the drive rather than having them stand outside. It only takes a phone call to a store  before hand to see if it is suitable in that location. Its like jumping into the ocean and bitching because its wet. Having a foundation that is ran better helps resolve issues like this. Prayers for all in need. Happy Holidays to all be safe in your coming travels.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to live in a world where no stores allowed solicitation anywhere near their doors.

Let me fucking shop, and I'll be generous and donate to a good cause when I feel like it (and I always do).

I hate guilt-trip season.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Golly! Marines having to stand outdoors?!  Oh, the humanity!

Salvation Army (an actual charity) bell ringers are outside too, but I don't hear the whining about their plight. Guess those Santa suits are warmer than USMC issue winter clothing.  ;)

-- Chuck
View Quote

Not to mention, there are precious few stores that allow solicitation, period, let alone inside the store. Walmart is one of the few.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It's during warmer weather, but the Girl Scouts (cookies), Boy Scouts (popcorn), bake sales and others are outside Wal-Mart, Lowes, Kroger and Big Lots in my area.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It wasn't even the Marine who posted this to Facebook.  Some lady took his picture and posted about her hurt feelings.

There is a happy ending in this.  I heard that Walmart will set up a tent with a heater if necessary and put up advertising for Toys for Tots next year.  Still won't be allowed inside.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife showed me this on Facebook.  If true its absolutely ridiculous.  I try to avoid Wal-Mart all together and this reaffirms why I do.
View Quote

Better call Sean Hannity to reaffirm how good of an American you are.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd love to live in a world where no stores allowed solicitation anywhere near their doors.

Let me fucking shop, and I'll be generous and donate to a good cause when I feel like it (and I always do).

I hate guilt-trip season.
View Quote

I'm cool with the Girl Scouts being near doors. Sometimes I need to eat my emotions after I have to go shopping with my wife.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Another reason I don't shop at Wal-mart. They treat employees and customers like garbage.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Another reason I don't shop at Wal-mart. They treat employees and customers like garbage.
View Quote

Except this wasn't an example of that, in any way shape or form.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not feeling the rage on this.  They have a newer manager who is just following corporate policy on no solicitation inside the store.  I am sure some lawyer came up with the policy because some asshat somewhere sued for something.
View Quote

I agree! About the lawyer part!
Not happy that the Marin has to stand outside.
But they let in the Toys-4-Tots, The Girl Scouts
and any other group You or I may like!
Then they would have to let in a group that was
collecting for ISIS re relief Fund.
So everyone has to stand outside!!!
Because a business does not have a right to
tell an unwanted group to pound salt!
Their store,their business, should be their chose!!!
An it is! Outside and do not block the doors!!!

PITA45
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top