Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:41:02 PM EDT
Talk of Bass Pro Shops Buying Cabelas

Altho we only have a few Cabelas in Ohio, anyone heard of solid facts that Bass Pro Shops are making a move to acquire Cabelas?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It was all over my facebook page last week. I heard they will be changing the stores over at the begining of the year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was all over my facebook page last week. I heard they will be changing the stores over at the begining of the year.
View Quote

If so, I wonder if Bass Pro will go ahead with the build of the new store near the new  Cabelas in West Chester.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be disappointed if true
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd be disappointed if true
View Quote

I would be too, but my opinion is from before the black rifle revolution.  Bass Pro has a big store at Forrest Fair Mall that opened in the late 1990's.  It was Fudd through and through.  No center fire pistols and limited ammo, at a time when ammo was plentiful and cheap.  

I haven't been in a Bass Pro since we left the area in 2004.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
610AM which is the huge News radio station in Columbus was talking about this a couple of weeks ago.

The station is usually pretty  spot on with their news.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Will the Cabelas name end, or will Bass Pro and Cabelas carry different lines sort of like Dick's does with Field and Stream?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
interesting
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If so, I wonder if Bass Pro will go ahead with the build of the new store near the new  Cabelas in West Chester.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course. They did announce the West Chester store would have the bowling alley didn't they? Don't see room enough at Cabelas at Liberty Center for a bowling alley, LOL.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope they don't merge. We use a facebook link to a paper in Billings Montana and they were talking about it a few weeks ago. Apparently it was going to happen out there with a particular store. Hope it isn't true for the rest of the stores. IMO Bass Pro sucks. I live about 8 minutes from the Forest Fair store and won't go there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have nothing against Cabelas but I would like a Bass Pro around Columbus.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
It sounds like bass pro is possibly considering trying to buy them. It's not a done deal by any means. Could happen, but cabelas won't be gone next month.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
That would be big.

But I somehow doubt it myself. I don't see bass pro coming up with the cash. Unless it was a merger / joint venture of some sorts.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I was checking the 2014 revenue for each company and Bass Pro did $4.3 billion vs Cabela's at $1.3 billion.  I was surprised that Bass Pro is a much more profitable company than Cabela's...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks,for the info, guys. Bass Pro announced earlier this year that it would be the "anchor store" for a new development in Boston Hts/Hudson area. right off the turnpike in Summit County.

Bass Pro Shop Comes to Boston Hts
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was checking the 2014 revenue for each company and Bass Pro did $4.3 billion vs Cabela's at $1.3 billion.  I was surprised that Bass Pro is a much more profitable company than Cabela's...
View Quote

Revenue != profit
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Could be the reason I haven't heard anything about any Cabala's after hours parties  this year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#17]
They already had the Cabelas after hours parties. Don't feel bad I didn't get an invite this year either but I went as a guest of my friend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Revenue != profit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Revenue != profit

True, but generally, if the business is doing things right, more revenue equals more profit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone heard anything more on this rumor?? have a gift card to use and want to be sure to use it soon if this is going to happen. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard anything more on this rumor?? have a gift card to use and want to be sure to use it soon if this is going to happen. Thanks
View Quote

Cant be much of anything to story,,, they have a new CABELAS building along I-675 at exit 7 (south east of Dayton),, been on radio that they looking to hire and open in next couple month, I pass it on my way home.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
They will probably carry on the cabelas name. They just started putting one up in avon a couple months ago. Cabelas is too popular a name just to throw it away. Dicks also acquired golf galaxy and left golf galaxy be. Now they don't do club services at dicks, they make you go to golf galaxy. Probably gonna be the same situation with cabelas and bass pro. Keep the name, just take in the revenue from it
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top