Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 5:45:07 PM EDT
Anyone happen to know if any local shops currently have the RPR in 6.5 in stock?  I've checked a few shops within a 40 mile radius, and everyone is sold out.  Fin Feather Fur is only getting one rifle a week, with a 30 person waiting list.

Or if no local stores have them, does anyone have a link to an online store with them in stock?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had EXCELLENT luck and repeated experiences with Kentucky Gun--fast, professional and excellent service shipping Ruger bolt rifles to my FFL here in Akron:

Kentucky Gun Co.

if this link is goofy, just Google them and search their website: LONG GUNS, RUGER, BOLT ACTION, 6.5 Woila!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had EXCELLENT luck and repeated experiences with Kentucky Gun--fast, professional and excellent service shipping Ruger bolt rifles to my FFL here in Akron:

Kentucky Gun Co.

if this link is goofy, just Google them and search their website: LONG GUNS, RUGER, BOLT ACTION, 6.5 Woila!
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Seems the Ruger is sold out there, too.  The search continues!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Your searching for a unicorn. There is a thread for the rpr in the bolt section of the precision forum. People usually post the online instock deals in it
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had one on order through fin Feather and fur for about 3 months.

They're pretty much unicorns right now. I figure the supply will open up more once hunting rifle season is over.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll just have to be patient.  Distributors seems to be getting them to the dealers who have done the most ruger.

They are a good way to get into the game

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You'll just have to be patient.  Distributors seems to be getting them to the dealers who have done the most ruger.

View Quote

I think Ruger hit a home run with these if the accuracy is there, and by most accounts it is.  It comes with all the custom options that it costs $$$ to get upgraded on a Rem 700.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think Ruger hit a home run with these if the accuracy is there, and by most accounts it is.  It comes with all the custom options that it costs $$$ to get upgraded on a Rem 700.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a few precision rifles and bought this as a barrel burner I could easily swap.  It is very well featured for the price and they shoot pretty well.  People are saying they are all .3" guns and out shoot customs which just isn't true, but they do very well.  

There are some upgrades that are nice, and one that IMO is a must which is getting rid of the plastic bolt shroud for one from LRI.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've got a few precision rifles and bought this as a barrel burner I could easily swap.  It is very well featured for the price and they shoot pretty well.  People are saying they are all .3" guns and out shoot customs which just isn't true, but they do very well.  

There are some upgrades that are nice, and one that IMO is a must which is getting rid of the plastic bolt shroud for one from LRI.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you put a brake on yours and if so what did you end up with?

And I concur about the aluminum bolt shroud.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a brake from bug holes on mine. There are all sorts of options that work.   Tons of options out there as far as brakes go.  I really like the self indexing brakes.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top