Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
When i applied the first time in Miami County it took them the whole 45 days , and that's with me calling twice to ask. ( nicely )

When i went for a renewal  i went to Shelby County. It took them 10 days to get a new one to me.

Anyone faster , slower? I thought 10 days was pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm on my 3rd renewal, Geauga County Sheriff got me mine in 5 days (weekend included)
As a side note: They do not accept appointments, put your name on a list and its first come first serve. I was the first one in on a Thursday (I think) 10 mins. out the door. The Deputy that handled the duty that day was a hell of a nice guy, sure beat the shit out of dealing with Cuyahoga County pricks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Five days is pretty quick. Forgot to say that no appointment needed in Shelby County.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO! Wayne county is the best.
Renew three time now. Very friendly! Different Deputy each time!
I believe they do not do it every day.You got to make an appointment.
They did not want the self stamped envelope I brought.
Said that was not necessary
It took about 10 mins handed me my new one.
Old one had not ran out yet!
No I do not live in Wayne County.
Has anyone had a bad time a Wayne???
Other then fining a parking space close by!

PITA45
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
For an initial issue what is the time frame you guys think in shelby?
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm on my 3rd renewal, Geauga County Sheriff got me mine in 5 days (weekend included)
As a side note: They do not accept appointments, put your name on a list and its first come first serve. I was the first one in on a Thursday (I think) 10 mins. out the door. The Deputy that handled the duty that day was a hell of a nice guy, sure beat the shit out of dealing with Cuyahoga County pricks.
View Quote

This was exactly my experience as well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Lake County issued mine on site.

Can't remember with the wife's but they either issued her's on site or the next day.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
sure beat the shit out of dealing with Cuyahoga County pricks.

Quoted:
Cuyahoga County pricks.

QFFT. Forty-three days and some of the people were not very friendly.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Turnaround in Columbus (Franklin county) is 2-4 days. I don't like dealing with parking and traffic so my last renewal was in my home county, which is licking. Took a week, but I had to call in to check, they didn't bother calling me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For an initial issue what is the time frame you guys think in shelby?
View Quote

I would say not more than a couple of weeks, probably sooner .
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Madison County (London) was fast and very friendly about the whole process last time I went.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
just turned in my paperwork in Lorain county this past Sunday the 13th and got the call that my CCW renewal was approved yesterday (Wednesday the 16th).  Just for reference...
Lorain Co. only allows one appointment per hour 9a-9p though... and you have to make an appointment.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top