Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:15:08 PM EDT
Was passing by today and am in need of a few quad copter parts and you never know what you can find in a hobby shop that you just cant do without.
So on the way in my eyeglasses popped a screw.  
Asked the guy if he had a small screwdriver .   He was quick to say no.
Now the desk he was setting at was covered in rc parts so I am sure a screw driver existed within reach.
After he said NO I chuckled and said ' now what kind of hobby shop doenst have a screw driver?"
To that he said "One that doesnt fix glasses."

EAT A BAG OF DICKS YOU DUMB FUCK!  edit - forgot I wasn't in GD

its sooooooo much easier to spend my money somewhere else.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Bob can be a little bit crusty.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bob can be a little bit crusty.
View Quote

Reminds me of the fella that runs the gun shop on main street in Hilliard
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
These guys are the first to bitch when you get parts on the Internet.  What service are they offering,  for their premium pricing,  if not friendliness and good customer service?

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These guys are the first to bitch when you get parts on the Internet.  What service are they offering,  for their premium pricing,  if not friendliness and go's customer service?  
View Quote

Well, apparently not that, either.

Guess they're counting on the  "instant gratification" crowd. Or those who refuse to shop on-line.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Guess they're counting on the  "instant gratification" crowd. Or those who refuse to shop on-line.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys are the first to bitch when you get parts on the Internet.  What service are they offering,  for their premium pricing,  if not friendliness and go's customer service?  

that group is surely dwindling faster than those who use the yellow pages to look for hobby stores.

my only guess that even makes a little bit of sense as to what he was thinking, is that he was afraid of getting involved in something that should be a simple process like screwing in a screw, then finding out the threads are stripped, and next thing you know, you are wanting him to drill and tap a bigger hole, and then sell you a $0.79 screw. (yes, I worked in customer service industry for 20 long, tedious years . i may be a little jaded.)

but for all I know, he's just a crotchety old douchebag.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
write the old bastard a review on Yelp.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Dan Aumiller, he's retired now. Shop is still open but under new ownership. Which is much more pleasant.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Where's the best gun shop in columbus to walk in and buy a gun?  I know they are all higher than Gunbroker or gun shows, but some are worse than others.  
10+ years ago, I would have said Vance's.  Is that still true?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Generally Vance's. They have the new Obetz store now too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Generally Vance's. They have the new Obetz store now too.
View Quote

I concur. Although I was at Field & Stream at Easton and they had some not terrible sale prices, after factoring in shipping and transfer costs of buying online.

They also said they will match other retailers. It might be worth checking out if you are looking for something specific.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
If any of you aren't on it, Ohio Gun Sales/Trader/Banter on Facebook is worth  following.  It's worth a fb account, even.

btw, didn't mean to hijack a good Hobby Store rant, but gun stores and hobby stores are sometimes very similar, in terms of old guys running them.  The Aumiller comment got me thinking about central Ohio GSs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dan Aumiller, he's retired now. Shop is still open but under new ownership. Which is much more pleasant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aumiller's is in the basement of a store in downtown Westerville, I believe XDs is referring to GunWorld. Both owners could be a bit crusty, but the last few times I have been to both, they seemed better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Where's the best gun shop in columbus to walk in and buy a gun?  I know they are all higher than Gunbroker or gun shows, but some are worse than others.  10+ years ago, I would have said Vance's.  Is that still true?
View Quote

Vance's, Gun Envy, and maybe Blackwing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Aumiller's is in the basement of a store in downtown Westerville, I believe XDs is referring to GunWorld. Both owners could be a bit crusty, but the last few times I have been to both, they seemed better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

he's close to my favorite bakery
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's the best gun shop in columbus to walk in and buy a gun?  I know they are all higher than Gunbroker or gun shows, but some are worse than others.  10+ years ago, I would have said Vance's.  Is that still true?

Yep, all good to go. I've done a couple transfers through Gun Envy, they're good people.

Fuck Aumillers though, and I'm glad the Powder Room is out of business. They got what they deserve.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep, all good to go. I've done a couple transfers through Gun Envy, they're good people.

Fuck Aumillers though, and I'm glad the Powder Room is out of business. They got what they deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I once went into Aumiller and got a case of PMC 9mm brass for like 15.5cpr. Most random thing ever, and never saw it there again. It was spring 2010, I think. I went back that winter and asked if they had more close to that price, and the guy that sold it to me said he thinks I was thinking of a different store.

Powder Room...It was my place to blast handguns indoor because it was cheap, but the lady that worked there...made sure I was never a customer again. My buddy and I both went to a firearm manufacturer for a tour, and they sold us some scratch-and-dent guns cheap, and shipped them to our FFL, powder room. They both arrived the same day and my buddy went and picked his up during his lunch break.
I went after work and knew transfers were $20. The lady told me there were fees and taxes. I argued and she threatened to not transfer the gun and kick me out of the store when I protested the tax and "extra" fees. I just paid them and left, never going back.
Called my buddy, he paid $20 even for his transfer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
mmmm...Schneider's...many a donut has been consumed by my family there over the years...

Sorry, this was in response to the poster mentioning his favorite bakery...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
A good deal of small businessmen are small because they're shitty at business.

I can't count how many little shops I've walked into, selling all manner of things, and been treated with anything from indifference to hostility...like I was getting in their way.

I stopped drawing any distinction between chains and the "little guy" long ago. It's all just business, and either you're good at it or you're a fuckhead.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I personally avoid any conversation with retail employees.

I gain all my knowledge from the Internet to make an informed decision on my purchases.

That way, if I do buy something at a store I know what I want and how much I should spend on it and the quality I expect.

The retail employee is worthless other than straightening shelves

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys are pretty salty down in Columbus.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top