Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/19/2015 11:37:11 AM EDT
Got a confirmation email from C&E, so the show must be on.

Anyone gonna stop in??

I know at the last one there the promoter said they were looking into another venue, possibly the State Fairgrounds.  At least the
plumbing should be better there....
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't heard a word about it, any links?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Linky link

Too, their website says next show is at Ohio Expo Center!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Will stop by.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Every so often I will get excited about a show there, wake up early on Saturday and drive down.  Then always leave unimpressed shortly after arriving.  I think I'll skip this one too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else??
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone there has stripped lowers for $50 or less there please report back.

Looking for a couple to horde.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Oops Double tap
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If anyone there has stripped lowers for $50 or less there please report back.

Looking for a couple to horde.
View Quote

Keep an eye on the Vance's ads.
A few months ago I picked up 3 Anderson lowers for $120 plus tax.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some time to kill this weekend but I'm skeptical about vendor attendance.  Especially since this a weekend attached to a holiday.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone has a report please post back, I will be back in town and could stop Sunday afternoon, especially if there are good lower deals to be had.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Looked like a good number of table for dealers when I was setting up.  More than last show.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't been there for a couple years ,might go and check out see if any deals on revolvers
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Waiting not so patiently for a show report.  :)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Not much of a show.

I guess the promoter had received reservations from more venders as almost the entire place was set up with tables, but many did not show up for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not much of a show.

I guess the promoter had received reservations from more venders as almost the entire place was set up with tables, but many did not show up for whatever reason.
View Quote

They do that so the guys who did buy tables don't cancel and leave before they pay their fees.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully attendance will be better when they change the venue.   I am just going to save my admission fee and go see what Vance's has lying around.  

Quoted:

They do that so the guys who did buy tables don't cancel and leave before they pay their fees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not much of a show.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong.

Talked to the promoter.

A lot of the missing vendors called in whining "oh it's the last show, no one will be there" "oh, it's a holiday, no one will be there" "Oh, we didn't know there was gonna be a show, so we want to cancel".

Dumb move.

The place was pretty well packed for almost 4 hours yesterday, and really picked up today after about 10:30.

I think this was one of my best shows.

Too many whiny babies, vendors and customers.  People still come expecting 1998 prices, some vendors, not all, try and charge panic prices that were seen for several months after the Sandy Hook tragedy.

If customers don't support the vendors who are charging fair prices, and there are many, vendors will to see the show as worthwhile, and quit coming.

And if some of the vendors don't bring their prices in line with the market, customers will quit coming.

Then, when there is no show, who will the whiners blame???

AAAAGHHHHHHHH, so frustrating...
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wrong.

Talked to the promoter.

A lot of the missing vendors called in whining "oh it's the last show, no one will be there" "oh, it's a holiday, no one will be there" "Oh, we didn't know there was gonna be a show, so we want to cancel".

Dumb move.

The place was pretty well packed for almost 4 hours yesterday, and really picked up today after about 10:30.

Too many whiny babies, vendors and customers.  People still come expecting 1998 prices, some vendors, not all, try and charge panic prices that were seen for several months after the Sandy Hook tragedy.

If customers don't support the vendors who are charging fair prices, and there are many, vendors will to see the show as worthwhile, and quit coming.

And if some of the vendors don't bring their prices in line with the market, customers will quit coming.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

Talked to the promoter.

Dumb move.

The promoter.  Goodman runs good shows, full venue clean bathrooms
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.

Talked to the promoter.

Dumb move.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top