Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/4/2015 3:39:25 PM EDT
Right now I have WOW! and I hate it.  The signal goes out frequently which affects not just the TV but my internet and wi-fi.  I need to make a move.  What do you have that you like?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They all have the same shit. Then they lowball you to get you in.  After all the deals run out your bill keeps going up.  Go with whatever the best short term deal is.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had em all around here....meh...they are all about the same with the worst being Time Warner. Got Uverse now and it's pretty slick...no issues and I believe the "deal" was the best of the lot. Believe they also gave us a $250 prepaid visa for sign-up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Try to avoid Time Warner if possible......    
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Avoid time Warner.   It is the wrost cable company.   But many HD channels, poorly organized.

For was coming from Verizon fios which was pretty good
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Armstrong cable and couldn't be happier.  Excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]
att uverse I was going to cancel all but net to stream and game on then they offered me a deal I couldn't pass on. After this contract is done I doubt I'll keep anything other then internet for streaming as cable tv sucks and I rarly watch anything with commercials anymore drives me nuts. hulu plus and Netflix are awesome for the cost.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW or Time Warner
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

X2 Armstrong is pretty good but I don't know if it's in your area
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Cut cable, best decision I ever made!

Its some work getting everything all setup such as the digital antenna and the over the air DVR but once its setup i dont feel like im missing anything. Only a couple shows like the walking dead are a hassle but they can be purchased on amazon prime or just downloaded a couple days later pirate-ish-bay type sights.

Went from $115 to $20 (Just basic internet)
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]

What did you use for a DVR?  I just canceled Dish.   I was looking at Tivo Roamio and Tablo.  Trying to keep the price down or else I will have a 24mth break even point.  Im using a combo of Rokus and Chromecast for streaming.

Quoted:
Cut cable, best decision I ever made!

Its some work getting everything all setup such as the digital antenna and the over the air DVR but once its setup i dont feel like im missing anything. Only a couple shows like the walking dead are a hassle but they can be purchased on amazon prime or just downloaded a couple days later pirate-ish-bay type sights.

Went from $115 to $20 (Just basic internet)
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

X3--Had Armstrong i-net since 1999, paid $39.95 monthly until they raised it to $44.95 last year, HOWEVER they upped my speed from 10Mbps to 15Mbps at no additional charge.
Last week they sent me a new modem, FREE, and now my speed is 30Mbps with no extra fees, not bad, and, Great Service.
Just got rid of Direct TV, am going to call Armstrong and see what their basic TV costs.
I get 10 channels with antenna, may just stick with that and get a better antenna.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top