Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/25/2015 8:12:17 PM EDT
Just bought my first supressor and was going to register it as an individual.  When I did my research I didn't come across this but my LEO is requiring digital finger prints.  Can someone verify this?  They are charging $50 on top of the $20 for ink so I'm thinking I probably should go with a trust instead now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just bought my first supressor and was going to register it as an individual.  When I did my research I didn't come across this but my LEO is requiring digital finger prints.  Can someone verify this?  They are charging $50 on top of the $20 for ink so I'm thinking I probably should go with a trust instead now.
View Quote

Are you asking us to verify something your sheriff told you?

Regardless, yes, a trust is a great idea.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The new Ohio shall-sign legislation allows them to charge for the signoff using the same fee schedule as a CHL application.

Yes, trusts allow a simpler & quicker application, and, long term, less expensive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Fingerprints are standard procedure, and yes they can charge you to sign NFA paperwork per Ohio law.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
If a resident of this state submits one or more federal forms and currently has a concealed handgun license or the sheriff has previously approved a federal form for that resident, the sheriff shall charge the resident no more than the applicable fee described in division (F)(4) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code, without regard to how many federal forms are submitted at the same time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Spend the $150 or so to set up a trust. It will save you money in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Have LEO do the signature, and call around for finger prints at other agencies.. Prints dont have to be done at CLEO.. Fellow I work with went lives in Greene, we work southern Montgomery, he went to Warren Co Sheriff Dept for his prints for his ATF 5320.1,, they even stocked the FD-258, all we did was change ORI  for NFA 0800

Some depts consider printing a "training" exercise for their people, and do it for free... call around
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Where in OH are you located? My CLEO charges $20 for the FBI prints no matter how many you have done.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Granted it's nicer for individuals with shall sign, but I would still use a trust.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Have LEO do the signature, and call around for finger prints at other agencies.. Prints dont have to be done at CLEO.. Fellow I work with went lives in Greene, we work southern Montgomery, he went to Warren Co Sheriff Dept for his prints for his ATF 5320.1,, they even stocked the FD-258, all we did was change ORI  for NFA 0800

Some depts consider printing a "training" exercise for their people, and do it for free... call around
View Quote
They are charging to run the background check prior to signing the form which they can now do.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Granted it's nicer for individuals with shall sign, but I would still use a trust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, with a trust, you can e-file which can shorten the approval time by several months.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also, with a trust, you can e-file which can shorten the approval time by several months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not on a form 4.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top