Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/19/2015 9:29:30 PM EDT
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5525&t=14013211

Registration for the 2015 North East Ohio Sniper Challenge is now open!

2015  NORTH  EAST OHIO SNIPER CHALLENGE            27 SEPTEMBER 2015

The NE Ohio Sniper Challenge is a one day precision  rifle tactical match held on the grounds of  the Southington Hunt Club and Training Facility in Northeast Ohio (Garrettsville Ohio)   ( see their website here  www.southingtonhuntclub.net ) The match is run and sponsored by LONG RANGE PAIN LLC. an Ohio based  limited liability company.

INFO: Targets are mostly steel with a few paper targets . Distances  to targets  will be spread across  anywhere from 0 to 800 yards maximum.  Various Scenarios will be presented to the shooter to make the match more fun and that will have the shooter firing from  many positions including but not limited to  prone, seated, and various positions. Calibers are restricted to a maximum of 300 Win Mag and below .  This is a private range and the match has no commercial sponsors so there is no prize table. The top  shooters will be recognized  with awards / plaques. Shooters can and are encouraged to bring whatever gear they need including  range finders, spotting scopes , etc.  There is no stalk or anything so clothing is range casual .  This is a fun tactical scenario driven shooting match with fictional scenarios to make it more enjoyable and challenging. Round Count is 60 minimum  to 100 max.

REGISTER  To register and hold a spot ( there is only room for 40 shooters max ) Send your name, contact info & phone# ,  T-shirt size & rifle caliber via email to [email protected] followed up by a check or money order for $55 made out to Long Range Pain LLC. Mail the check or MO to the following address " Long Range Pain LLC ”  @ 2410 Frost Road Streetsboro Ohio 44241. Once your check is received you will receive a confirmation email holding your spot and with further information about the match details.

A sample video from one of the years prior matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCTRItGH0E#action=share

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, but it's the same date at the GTA Sniper / Spotter match...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont think GTA has much range to use, i went a few years back, and only 1 shot was "long" and even that was less then 500y i think...... it was  250y
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
While true, it doesn't help to have similiar events on the same weekend regardless as people then have to choose.

Who's behind the origination of this?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
no idea, ask on snipershide
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just kind of sucks as I was already paid/registered for the GTA match and this match would of been the perfect excuse to buy and bring out a ruger precision rifle... Lol.

Need an excuse to drop 2k on the gun and glass!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
you know there are monthly matches at rayners to 1000y and thunder valley all summer, and a HUGE sniper match in the spring and fall at rayners.. the "may" still have a few slots open for nov 1st sniper... its 1 of the best matchs within 4 states of here..

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds fun, definitely interested
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
what is the connection between u and the -eople running the match. are u receiving money or product form it.  u always seem to be involved in this
running another range down  is not the way to  get shooters  .  greenport is a match for both calibers and a lot of fun.

NO ONE makes any money at green port.. no I will not be going I just have in years past seems like nice people and a fuin time.

most don't own 800 yd guns. I don't.

1texan

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what is the connection between u and the -eople running the match. are u receiving money or product form it.  u always seem to be involved in this
running another range down  is not the way to  get shooters  .  greenport is a match for both calibers and a lot of fun.

NO ONE makes any money at green port.. no I will not be going I just have in years past seems like nice people and a fuin time.

1texan

View Quote

Speak for yourself, I'm damn glad he posted it.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

running another range down
 is not the way to  get shooters  .  greenport is a match for both calibers and a lot of fun.

1texan

View Quote
lol.. post proof, or you are full of shit...

"GTA Sniper / Spotter match"

calling something a "sniper match" that has a max distance that you can use a 22lr to shoot it is a bit disappointing,,,

"most don't own 800 yd guns"  really? you dont own a gun that can shoot under 1 inch at 100? most every AR i own will do that, a 300$ savage will do that, any varmint rifle will do that...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just kind of sucks as I was already paid/registered for the GTA match and this match would of been the perfect excuse to buy and bring out a ruger precision rifle... Lol.

View Quote
I shot mine out at the rayners match on Sunday. Didn't do too bad.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
you know there are monthly matches at rayners to 1000y and thunder valley all summer, and a HUGE sniper match in the spring and fall at rayners.. the "may" still have a few slots open for nov 1st sniper... its 1 of the best matchs within 4 states of here..  
View Quote

I'll probably sign up for the spring match.

Once October hits, its hunting season. 3 weeks in Colorado, then Ohio, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great to hear!

I have my eyes open for one... If I see one for sale in 6.5 for +/- $900 I'm picking it up and a vortex viper 6-24. And an omega for it. (Already have a saker, but why not have an excuse for an omega?)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
next summer in MI
https://www.facebook.com/BWSALR/photos/a.615756648552305.1073741828.614899251971378/747209188740383/?type=1&comment_id=748182295309739&notif_t=photo_reply

BWSA Precision Rifle / Hi-Power Division

Trying to Gauge interest; Who would be up for a full day DMR match in spring of 2016?

The match would be limited to semi-auto rifles capable of chambering a round supported by the AR-15 platform (I.e. .223, 5.56x45mm, 300BLK, 6.5 Grendel, etc…). It would be a high round count match, somewhere in the ballpark of 200-250 rounds. Targets from point blank to 625yds.

Stages would be geared towards the concept of the Designated Marksman Rifle. In other words, not quite precision and not necessarily 3-gun…More jack of all targets, master or none concept.

The tentative date is May 7, 2016. Start getting your rifles ready, more details about the match will be published around December.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
next summer in MI

https://www.facebook.com/BWSALR/photos/a.615756648552305.1073741828.614899251971378/747209188740383/?type=1&comment_id=748182295309739¬if_t=photo_reply

BWSA Precision Rifle / Hi-Power Division

Trying to Gauge interest; Who would be up for a full day DMR match in spring of 2016?

The match would be limited to semi-auto rifles capable of chambering a round supported by the AR-15 platform (I.e. .223, 5.56x45mm, 300BLK, 6.5 Grendel, etc…). It would be a high round count match, somewhere in the ballpark of 200-250 rounds. Targets from point blank to 625yds.

Stages would be geared towards the concept of the Designated Marksman Rifle. In other words, not quite precision and not necessarily 3-gun…More jack of all targets, master or none concept.

The tentative date is May 7, 2016. Start getting your rifles ready, more details about the match will be published around December.

View Quote

I would be interested.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#16]
All the spots are filled any thing going on the last two weeks of September
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All the spots are filled any thing going on the last two weeks of September
View Quote

Ashland Lake Gun Club has a nice 3 gun match scheduled on Sept 26th and a precision rifle match on Oct 3rd.  

The 3 gun match last year was really well done.  Five stages and little to no standing around.  The precision rifle match is fun too, the range is up to 300 yards.  

http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/tactical/index.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]

from this weekend...

N.E. Ohio Sniper Challenge 2015

Great place to shoot, fun match, needed 1 more squad running to speed things up :)

all my pics...

https://goo.gl/photos/gWgPHJxzvi7bf58Y6

40 shooters

#1 scope used was Vortex, 10-15 Razor 1's, 3 Gen 2, a few PST's

next was bushnell and NF

1 or 2 USO

a few S&B, Stiner, SWFA and Lupy

Close to 400 thousand sitting in the dirt...

i started the match with NO @!%!#^#$^@!%^^ AMMO!.... i set the box down at home, when grabbing my rifle bag, thankfully, my mother in law drove it up to the range "1 hour drive"

so, for about the 1st 2 hours, i was shooting a friends load in my gun :(

that didnt make for good scores to start :( not to mention how epicly !#$%^#^! pissed off i was... ARGH!!!

another guy had his scope base go floppy on him and didnt notice till the last stage, this is a lesson i learned a few years back, CHECK EVERY DAM SCREW ON THE GUN BEFORE A MATCH....

locktighted or not, i have seen them come loose in 6 months of shooting...

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Torque the screws and use a paint pen to put a witness line on the screw or nut and the piece into which it is screwed.  Then you can tell at a glance if it has backed out at all.  

I also witness mark optics on my issued weapons, just on case someone decides to remove them during an inspection or armorer maintenance or something like that.  Fortunately I haven't had a problem with that, but I've heard of it happening.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Was this match yours?

YouTube Video Link

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Was this match yours?

YouTube Video Link

View Quote

Yeah. It was fun, but not very long range.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top