Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:46:26 PM EDT
They are giving out $100 gift cards for handguns and $200 for semi-auto rifles... will probably be able to snag a couple good deals.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/08/cleveland_gun_buyback_offers_f.html#incart_river
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I will stock up on some $129 marlin 795 rifles and exchange them for $200 gas cards. I will keep the magazines though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
i might be able to.. I should know by tonight
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how they check functioning. I have a couple reproductions that look real. Magazines, slide operates, hammer and trigger work but have plugged barrels.

If someone goes please report back and let us all know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Jennings 22 that someone gave me years ago.  Would be a good time to get rid of it but I hate going to Cleveland.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
2 years ago I scored an E Nickel Python in 90% condition for $250 from one of the people walking up to the line. The guy later told me he would have sold it for half that in cash, they don't want gift cards and will take a smaller amount in cash. A word of caution, many guns being turned in are stolen in break ins and they could get you pinched......
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn it man, why does Cleveland get to have all the fun
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Will they give me $200 for a stripped lower?  It's a rifle, right?  I have a few PSA $50 free shipping lowers I was saving,,,
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will they give me $200 for a stripped lower?  It's a rifle, right?  I have a few PSA $50 free shipping lowers I was saving,,,
View Quote

A stripped lower is transferred as "other", and is non-functioning as-is ;)
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

2 years ago I scored an E Nickel Python in 90% condition for $250 from one of the people walking up to the line. The guy later told me he would have sold it for half that in cash, they don't want gift cards and will take a smaller amount in cash. A word of caution, many guns being turned in are stolen in break ins and they could get you pinched......
View Quote

Great score on the Python! I have always wanted one of those.  Is there a way to check if the gun is stolen before you buy it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have nothing that cheap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys got any updates how's it going
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys got any updates how's it going

This

News showed a small group from OFCC standing across the street protesting / offering cash for guns but all the sellers were in line for the police.  They include reviewed the police and asked for comment on accusations the whole thing was a political stunt but didn't interview the protestors.  The cops were walking back and forth behind the reporter with what looked like a lot of bolt-action .22s.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Great score on the Python! I have always wanted one of those.  Is there a way to check if the gun is stolen before you buy it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No! Dealers don't even have the ability to check the Feds hot sheet. And as a dealer if you buy a stolen gun your out the $$$ when it's confiscated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No! Dealers don't even have the ability to check the Feds hot sheet. And as a dealer if you buy a stolen gun your out the $$$ when it's confiscated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case I would be too nervous to attend a buy back.  Too much risk of inadvertently receiving stolen property....
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In that case I would be too nervous to attend a buy back.  Too much risk of inadvertently receiving stolen property....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you bought 5 guns for pennies on the dollar, if you lost 3, you would still be in fantastic shape.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top