Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:56:13 PM EDT
yes!!!

http://www.wlwt.com/news/gov-kasich-authorizes-arming-personnel-at-ohio-national-guard-recruitment-centers/34301956

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP), By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS —Gov. John Kasich on Wednesday authorized personnel at Ohio National Guard recruitment centers to carry weapons following the shooting in Tennessee that killed four Marines and a sailor, The Associated Press has learned.

At Kasich's instruction, Major General Mark Bartman, the Adjutant General of Ohio, granted the authorization as part of an update of policies and training requirements for the recruiting centers and a review of all security measures.

"The governor has made it very clear that we must take action to protect our members who are actively engaged in public recruitment efforts," Bartman said in a statement provided to the AP. "We are updating our policies and strengthening small firearm training so that those men and women staffing our recruitment offices may protect themselves in the event of a threat."
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope I am wrong, but I see this being a great thought and terrible execution. I am picturing an M16 locked in a closet and ammo locked in a separate closet or some other situation that doesn't allow for immediately returning fire. I hope I am wrong though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope I am wrong, but I see this being a great thought and terrible execution. I am picturing an M16 locked in a closet and ammo locked in a separate closet or some other situation that doesn't allow for immediately returning fire. I hope I am wrong though.
View Quote

Where is there anything to suggest such a thing? They are now authorized to carry weapons.

This doesn't change anything for the Federal armed forces, either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
As someone who did armed patrols around Ft Hood with an empty magazine and chamber in the days following 9-11, as someone who was told while riding through the streets of Mosul I was better off with an empty chamber because having to rack the charging handle only took a second, as someone with a company commander (an OHNG officer) who's first reaction to hearing his men were taking fire was to threaten article 15s to anyone who shot out of their windows, I can't help but be jaded. Again, I would love to be proved wrong.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fantastic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
...folks, again, this is great that Kasich has acted, ...but we must also be pressing the state legislature and congress to shore things up w/ legislation

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/governor-kasich-authorizes-arming-personnel-ohio-national-guard-recruitment-offices
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As someone who did armed patrols around Ft Hood with an empty magazine and chamber in the days following 9-11, as someone who was told while riding through the streets of Mosul I was better off with an empty chamber because having to rack the charging handle only took a second, as someone with a company commander (an OHNG officer) who's first reaction to hearing his men were taking fire was to threaten article 15s to anyone who shot out of their windows, I can't help but be jaded. Again, I would love to be proved wrong.
View Quote

You were in the Wrong Unit....
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad we are heading int he right direction.

This authorization only covers the National Guard? what about recruiters of other branches?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Glad we are heading int he right direction.

This authorization only covers the National Guard? what about recruiters of other branches?
View Quote

Those are under the federal government
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#10]
That's awesome.  I contacted Governor Kasichs office on July 20th asking him to allow this.  I'll send a followup thanking him.  Coincidence?  I think not

I said our soldiers deserve better than to be treated like school children, actually worse than school children because some Ohio schools allow certain faculty and staff to carry concealed weapons.

Contact Governor Kasich here:

http://www.governor.ohio.gov/Contact/ContacttheGovernor.aspx
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top