Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/17/2015 10:18:43 PM EDT
I will be coming down to visit for the day, likely hitting up waffle house and the toledo zoo. You guys have any oddball concealed carry laws? From my limited understanding, you have the duty to inform if stopped by police and your no carry signs have the weight of law. I know the zoo is posted. Anything else odd? Also, what are your no carry zones besides businesses posted?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant carry .gov buildings, schools etc. cant drink while carrying.  The law on regular businesses posting is you have to "knowingly" violate the sign.  If you happen to miss the sign, or its hidden then your OK.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cant carry .gov buildings, schools etc. cant drink while carrying.  The law on regular businesses posting is you have to "knowingly" violate the sign.  If you happen to miss the sign, or its hidden then your OK.
View Quote

And violating a sign on a private business IF discovered is misdemeanor trespass.  Where you don't want to get caught is statutory CPZ's.  Gov't buildings, court houses, police/sheriffs offices or jails, school zones or property.  Look on handgunlaw.us and click OH.  Everything is there and it's accurate.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Seems to be very similar to Michigan laws.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm about 99% sure the Toledo zoo is posted as 'no carry'
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm about 99% sure the Toledo zoo is posted as 'no carry'
View Quote

It was posted the last time I was there(about 2 years ago)
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top