Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
Refresh my memory - Which Ohio governor signed the original CCW bill into law?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it was Taft. He did everything he could to not sign it. I might be wrong but I know Taft really struggled with it and made all types of excuses.
Taft sucked regardless.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It was so awful many people, including myself, didn't even get a CCW until it was revised.  One little slip up and you could easily become a felon.  

The dumbest part was the firearm had to be in view when in the car.  Thank the OSHP for that one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it was Shaft.  I'm glad he's gone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It was actually no one. While it happened during Taft's governorship, the bill passed both houses with veto proof majorities and was passed into law 7 days later (? IIRC) without his signature.

He neither approved it nor vetoed it
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Taft did sign it, reluctantly.  He didn't want to get a veto overridden.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was so awful many people, including myself, didn't even get a CCW until it was revised.  One little slip up and you could easily become a felon.  

The dumbest part was the firearm had to be in view when in the car.  Thank the OSHP for that one.
View Quote

been carrying over 10 years. Personally I never felt hindered. But I will agree it's 100% better now a days
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

been carrying over 10 years. Personally I never felt hindered. But I will agree it's 100% better now a days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I was so glad we finally won Concealed Carry, the restrictions were just a minor annoyance.  We're worlds better now than we were then.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]
We have to get duty to inform gone.  Just a minor slip up and your a criminal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this actually helps you get out of traffic tickets.  I get pulled over a good bit, but have only gotten one ticket since my CCW, 71 in a 55, he really didn't have a choice.

I have found the cops demeanor becomes much more friendly after I have informed them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think this actually helps you get out of traffic tickets.  I get pulled over a good bit, but have only gotten one ticket since my CCW, 71 in a 55, he really didn't have a choice.

I have found the cops demeanor becomes much more friendly after I have informed them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but you could still notify even if it wasnt required by law.  Its just notification is an accident waiting to happen, Ive been pulled over and informed the officer who stopped me, then while we are talking another LEO comes up to the passenger side talking to my wife.  Do I have to inform him too? Im glad he didn't think so because I forgot about it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never understood why it matter. Im pretty sure when they run your license plate it pulls up and drivers tied tot he vehicle and if they have  a CC
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
It sure does!  The LEADS system displays the letter G next to the vehicle registrant's information denoting "gun" for a CHL.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It sure does!  The LEADS system displays the letter G next to the vehicle registrant's information denoting "gun" for a CHL.
View Quote

I thought it stood for "good guy."
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

With all the license plate scanners out there it doesn't make me feel very good about that. It should be no one's -- especially not the government -- business if I am a gun owner or not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Agreed.  I'm not a fan of licensing constitutionaly protected freedoms.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Strangely I agree.

Everytime Ive been stopped while carrying Ive let go with a warning. Maybe coincidence, maybe my older age, maybe my lucky talisman G19, anyway it works for me.

But Id still like it gone FWIW.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top