Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/27/2015 6:52:29 AM EDT
WHOO-HOO! Gonna get my credit cards carbide-coated for extended use at Camp Perry come 6 July. I'll be like a kid in the Candy Shop!

CMP National Matches 2015

Camp Perry Commercial Row 2015

NAME EXT DATES LOCATION

6M FIREARMS & ACCESSORIES 5 - 13 JUL 1024B SPACE 2
ACCURACY X 5-13 JUL 910A SPACE 4
ACME BULLET COMPANY 7 - 12 JUL 1022A SPACE 4
BFTC 5 - 28 JUL 1023C - SPACE 1-4
BOB JONES SIGHTS 13 JUL - 14 AUG 1023A SPACE 4
BOY SCOUTS 316 7 - 25 JUL FOOD VENDOR PAD1
BUCKEYE CONCESSIONS 5 JUL - 15 AUG FOOD VENDOR PAD3
BULLET BUNKER 18 JUL -1 AUG 910 OUTDOOR
CASPIAN ARMS 7 - 10 JUL 910A SPACE 3
CE CA ASSOCIATES 26 JUN - 15 AUG 1024C SPACE 1
CHAMPION SHOOTERS 4104 2 JUL - 3 AUG 1023B SPACES 1-4
CHAMPIONS CHOICE 4106 29 JUN - 11 AUG 1022C SPACES 1-4
CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM PAD 3
CLARK CUSTOM GUNS, INC 6 - 11 JUL 1024B SPACE 3
COMPASS LAKE ENGINEERING 4137 15 - 25 JUL 1024C SPACES 2-3
CRUSADER GROUP INC. 6 - 12 JUL 1023A SPACE 1
CUSTOM SPORTSWEAR 5 JUL - 1 AUG PAD 1
DAVENPORT 4119 5 JUL - 6 AUG 910B SPACES 1-4
DR. ALAN TOLER & ASSOCIATES 5-11 JUL 1024C SPACE 2
EARPLUGS USA 4118 5-22 JUL 910A SPACE 2
FIN FEATHER FUR 4103 1 - 27 JUL 1024A SPACES 1-4
FRERKING CUSTOM WORKS 8 - 12 JUL 1024B SPACE 1
FULTON ARMORY 4135/4136 13 - 23 JUL 1024B SPACES 1-4
GEISSELE AUTOMATICS 16 - 23 JUL 1024C SPACE 4
GYPSY DIST 5-29 JUL 910A SPACE 1
HIGH STANDARD MFG 5-15 JUL 1022 OUTDOOR
HIGH STANDARD MFG 5-15 JUL 1022A SPACES 1-2
INLAND MANUFACTURING 10 - 20 JUL 1023A SPACE 2
LARRY'S GUNS 4117 5-13 JUL 910C SPACES 1-4
LASTING IMPRESSIONS 1 JUL - 5 AUG 911B SPACES 1-2
M&A PARTS 16 - 27 JUL 911C SPACES 1-4
MAGNUM LOADING 4120 5-22 JUL 910A SPACE 2
MARVEL PRECISION 6-10 JUL 1021B SPACE 2
NATIONAL GUARD MARK TNG 7 JUL - 14 AUG PAD 4
NATIONAL GUARD MARK TNG 13 JUL - 14 AUG PAD 5
OASIS GRILL 3 - 14 AUG FOOD PAD 4A
PILKINGTON/VOGEL USA 5 - 12 JUL 1024C SPACE 3
PILKINGTON/VOGEL USA 15-24 JUL 910A SPACE 3
PORTABLE TARGET SYSTEMS, INC 5-13 JUL 910 OUTDOOR 3-4
PRESENT ARMS 5 - 12 JUL 1024B SPACE 4
REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY (KEN) 13 JUL - 4 AUG SITE #7A
REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, LLC 17 - 28 JUL 1022B OUTDOOR
REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, LLC 17 - 28 JUL 1022B SPACES 1-4
ROCK RIVER ARMS, INC 4123/4125 5 JUL -14 AUG 911A SPACES 1-4
RORKE VENTURES, INC 4127 2 - 28 JUL 1021B SPACE 1
RYDOL PRODUCTS, INC. 1 - 14 AUG 1023A SPACE 1
SADLAK 15 - 24 JUL 910A SPACE 3
SEW - U - SAY 5 JUL - 11 AUG 910 OUTDOOR
SHERLUK MKTG 13-24 JUL 910C SPACES 1-4
SHOOTING SIGHT, LLC 15-26 JUL 1023A SPACE 3
SPRINGFIELD INC 4109 1 JUL -3 AUG 1021A SPACES 1-4
SPRINGFIELD INC 4110 1 JUL -3 AUG 1021B SPACES 3-4
THOMAS WILLIAMS/KUPAR PRODUCTS 5-26 JUL 911B SPACES 3-4
US MARINES 6 JUL - 10 AUG PAD 7
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Those Remington spaces...will any of those be DPMS like last year?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone go to this just to walk around and check things out?
Does it cost anything to get in?
When is it and what are the hours?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone can go in to the National Matches, there is no admission charge to observe the matches or to shop on Commercial Row.  Commercial Row is basically a gun show. Sometimes vendors have screaming good deals.  Vendors come and go throughout the duration of the multi-week matches.  The vendors on a given date generally align with the types of events going on.  Get there early for the best deals.

Camp Perry is a military base and your vehicle is subject to search.  When you enter the base tell the guards you are there to shop on Commercial Row and/or watch the matches.  If you have a firearm unloaded and locked up in the trunk of your vehicle I think you are OK, but check on that.

The CMP is around the corner so you can hit that too depending on hours.

Check the CMP website for dates and times, it varies quite a lot depending on the event schedule.

http://thecmp.org

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Anyone can go in to the National Matches, there is no admission charge to observe the matches or to shop on Commercial Row.  Commercial Row is basically a gun show. Sometimes vendors have screaming good deals.  Vendors come and go throughout the duration of the multi-week matches.  The vendors on a given date generally align with the types of events going on.  Get there early for the best deals.

Camp Perry is a military base and your vehicle is subject to search.  When you enter the base tell the guards you are there to shop on Commercial Row and/or watch the matches.  If you have a firearm unloaded and locked up in the trunk of your vehicle I think you are OK, but check on that.

Check the CMP website for dates and times, it varies quite a lot depending on the event schedule.

Hope that helps
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helps

Thanks for that info.  
I've always wanted to go.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Last year there were no guards...you just drove in.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure when it stopped for sure, but there have not been any guards the last few years I do beleive.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure when it stopped for sure, but there have not been any guards the last few years I do beleive.
View Quote

Guarded entry at Camp Perry

Obviously it COULD happen so respect all laws concerning being on base, but...

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
watch the DPMS industry forum. They gave us a heads up on the clearance sale last year... I'm hoping for a couple more $325 everything but the lower build kits.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#10]
There are actually guards from time to time.  CMP North Store generally will warn patrons via social media when guards will be present and to have your photo ID available.  Have not seen guards during the National Matches for a while.  

Most vendors open between 10 and 11 am.  There are likely to be more than are on that official list.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]
No ArmaLite this year?

I've been going for several years, but the past few years have generally been pretty poor as far as catching good deals, demo models and blems.

But I'll still go anyway.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm mainly looking for an RRA NM A2 upper (or maybe just a whole rifle) so I can start shooting hi power more often.  Whats it been like the past few years regarding availability & price at the NM vs. shopping retail?

I'm also looking to get some basics...glove, jacket (or atleast try some on and order).
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm mainly looking for an RRA NM A2 upper (or maybe just a whole rifle) so I can start shooting hi power more often.  Whats it been like the past few years regarding availability & price at the NM vs. shopping retail?

I'm also looking to get some basics...glove, jacket (or atleast try some on and order).
View Quote
Rock River basically begs people to buy their NM A2 and A4...  Last two years they have been selling them for $950 + tax (like 7%).  

Count on White Oak, Compass Lake and Bushmaster being there also.

With the change in Ohio law last March I would expect more people buying since non-contiguous state residents can now purchase in store in Ohio and carry out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rock River basically begs people to buy their NM A2 and A4...  Last two years they have been selling them for $950 + tax (like 7%).    

With the change in Ohio law last March I would expect more people buying since non-contiguous state residents can now purchase in store in Ohio and carry out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great, thanks for the heads up.   I assume $950 is the price for the full rifle and you are out the door with it right there (normal NICS check, etc?).  Oh and I checked the CMP site, no mention of vendor row hours?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
It's really up to the vendors.  Like someone said 10-11am.  No idea how late, but I'd say not long.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I haven't been to Camp Perry for 6 or 7 years, but the vendor row list seems a little sparse.  No Sinclair, no DPMS, No Windham Armory, No LRB, No Armalite.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Last year Champion's Choice showed up with skids of CCI standard 22 lr.  I made the trip down on the day some vendors opened and didn't realize what was going on and the line was 150 deep out of their store.  Not sure what they plan to have this year and the same goes for FFF and what powder they show up with by the skid.  Last year it was Bullseye and Reloader 15.  .
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
what are the best days to go usually?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't been to Camp Perry for 6 or 7 years, but the vendor row list seems a little sparse.  No Sinclair, no DPMS, No Windham Armory, No LRB, No Armalite.
View Quote

I'm guessing they're under "Remington", so probably still there. Not having Sinclair/Brownells or Armalite does indeed seem really weird.

An AAR would be appreciated from anybody who ends up heading up there; I won't be shooting any matches this year, but depending on who's got what, I might try to make it up just for commercial row.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like Armalite won't be there this year - per their customer service:

"Davenport Guns will be representing the Armalite brand at Camp Perry this year. Please stop by and see them. If you have any other questions please contact our customer service department at 800-336-0184."

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm guessing they're under "Remington", so probably still there. Not having Sinclair/Brownells or Armalite does indeed seem really weird.

An AAR would be appreciated from anybody who ends up heading up there; I won't be shooting any matches this year, but depending on who's got what, I might try to make it up just for commercial row.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armalite wasn't there last year, either, HOWEVER, there is a place there who pretty much exclusively sells Armalite. Their prices seem pretty close to what I'd expect from Armalite. They're occupying the same space Armalite traditionally did (second from the end, IIRC), just like they did last year.

They're open already and have a pretty good selection. AR10NMs, AR15NMs, standard AR10s, DEF series (both 15 and 10). The usual. They ARE offering a "NM" AR10 with a Geissele trigger and other upgrades installed for ~$2300 or so. Pricey, but it looks like a solid rifle.

Springfield should be opening today, with RRA and a few other vendors who weren't open yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Davenport Guns will be representing the Armalite brand at Camp Perry this year. Please stop by and see them. If you have any other questions please contact our customer service department at 800-336-0184."

View Quote

These are the guys I was talking about. They were representing Armalite last year, too.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Last year Champion's Choice showed up with skids of CCI standard 22 lr.  I made the trip down on the day some vendors opened and didn't realize what was going on and the line was 150 deep out of their store.  Not sure what they plan to have this year and the same goes for FFF and what powder they show up with by the skid.  Last year it was Bullseye and Reloader 15.  .
View Quote

FFF was dead. (relatively speaking)

The line for CC was about as long, this year. We arrived about noon and they didn't open until 1. The line was HUGE. I know it was for .22, but I don't know what they had or what they were selling it for.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I always get chills up-and-down the spine when COLORS go up and competition starts each morn!

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

These are the guys I was talking about. They were representing Armalite last year, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know if they are selling small Armalite-specific parts? (need to get a lock ring for their free float handguards)
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I went yesterday.  Yawn.  only 2/3 of Commercial Row was open, I didn't spot any great deals, and didn't buy anything.  Yawn.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you know if they are selling small Armalite-specific parts? (need to get a lock ring for their free float handguards)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they do have some, but I'd check with them by phone, for something like that. They have quite a few parts boxes setup, but didn't have a lot of their uppers and other stock out yet.

Their number, for their store in IA is (563) 424-1812. They do have a Facebook presence, too. I don't know if they have a phone available at Perry.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The line for CC was about as long, this year. We arrived about noon and they didn't open until 1. The line was HUGE. I know it was for .22, but I don't know what they had or what they were selling it for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of my fellow club members were down there.  I was still Up North.  They said more CCI Std but prices were UP to $400 + tax / case.  Price was $385 + tax last year.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Yes, they do have some, but I'd check with them by phone, for something like that. They have quite a few parts boxes setup, but didn't have a lot of their uppers and other stock out yet.

Their number, for their store in IA is (563) 424-1812. They do have a Facebook presence, too. I don't know if they have a phone available at Perry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great - thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I am going to be in the Cleveland area the rest of the week and if my schedule permits Friday drive over there on my way home.  I hope RRA is open and stocked.  Plus I want to see some shooting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am going to be in the Cleveland area the rest of the week and if my schedule permits Friday drive over there on my way home.  I hope RRA is open and stocked.  Plus I want to see some shooting.
View Quote

Rock River was there yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this a good weekend to go visit some vendors?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]
no brownells or sinclair :(
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#34]
an no DPMS blow outs this year?... :(
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
look at the dates here...

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CommercialRow.pdfhttp://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CommercialRow.pdf

next weekend is prime 18/19th
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm going to try for afternoon of this friday
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CommercialRow.pdfhttp://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CommercialRow.pdf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah, just found out I'll be out of town. I thought that'd be the better one but just wanted to know if this weekend would even be worth it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Blah, just found out I'll be out of town. I thought that'd be the better one but just wanted to know if this weekend would even be worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on what you're looking for.

They're going to be in pistol/smallbore phase, so most vendors will be pistol/small bore specific.

There will be other vendors there, who will probably have rifles and rifle parts, such as RRA, Danner's (Armalite), Springfield (but their pistol guys will probably be there), and others.

FFF will be there, as will Champion's Choice and Champion Shooter's supply. Not sure about Remington/Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#39]
The CMP has a couple of carbines each day, as it turns out.

They both sold at open today.

I finally bought one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I finally bought one.
View Quote

good score, tep!

I love mine. decent accuracy with no recoil at all. the Mrs. loves it! specially with the banana 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

good score, tep!

I love mine. decent accuracy with no recoil at all. the Mrs. loves it! specially with the banana 30 rounders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I finally bought one.

good score, tep!

It's a Saginaw (Grand Rapids plant) Inland barrel. I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#42]
DANG! It looks darn near perfect!

my stock is really a beater, but the rifle shoots well.

Man--you ought to be proud as all get out!

(going to give that wood a light coat of boiled linseed oil?)

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
DANG! It looks darn near perfect!

my stock is really a beater, but the rifle shoots well.

Man--you ought to be proud as all get out!

(going to give that wood a light coat of boiled linseed oil?)

View Quote

Well, it was refinished and restocked by the CMP, so it should look good.

Honestly, I'd have probably preferred on with the "been there, done that" look to it, but when there's one left on the shelf and you really want one, you worry less about your wish list. Honestly, Id LOVE to find a Standard Products. They were made ~45 minutes away from home.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top