Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/18/2015 11:05:13 AM EDT
Here's the story:

Several months ago (Late March 2015) I dropped off some barrels and a carbine to have the barrels threaded at a local machine shop in Hilliard (GREAT Machine).  They had done some various projects for me in the past and did nice work.

I checked in last Friday to see if the barrels were done yet and was told that they were taken in an ATF raid (along with their guns, computers, cash). He indicated that it was a bunch of planned raids on the ATF part since it happened during Knob Creek and almost everyone from the businesses. He said that there were like 14 small manufacturing businesses raided at the same time. (e.g. Ohio Ordinance)

Now, I have no reason to doubt this story, but I an finding it odd that I can't find ANY info about it on the net, or in the news. Does anyone have any other into on it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i would contact the ATF on how to get my NON ATF related property back, since a barrel ain't a gun.

if they were doing any work, and they had possession of receivers, and they dont have a FFL, that would get them raided...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have anything to add, but I'm inclined to believe the story. I heard rumblings about it as well and those details line up with what I have heard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard some things too, but don't know exactly what happened. Was going to have great machine replace some baffles for me and it isn't happening now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
from my understanding, Great Machine shares an 07/SOT license with another gun shop in the area or they are at least listed on the license of another place. I won't name names, because I don't have the full story.

They used to make Mk19 parts and other MG parts. I am willing to bet some parts either walked off somewhere or they kept a shitty log book. To be completely shut down something bad must have happened or alleged to have happened.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I know that ATF raided some businesses in Central Ohio during that time period.  I don't know why, or what was seized.  However, the descriptions of the businesses in this thread matches the info I had.  Admittedly, I'm not sure of all the business names.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess my question now would be "Do I have any options?"  If I call the local ATF field office and explain what happened, is there any chance of them giving me my stuff back?

I have serial numbers (with pictures) of the carbine and a Savage 308 barrel and action. I did pull the stock & scope before I dropped it off. It's groundhog time and I want my rifle back!

Has anyone here dealt with the ATF personally here in Cols? As an organization, they don't have the best reputation as being "customer friendly".
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess my question now would be "Do I have any options?"  If I call the local ATF field office and explain what happened, is there any chance of them giving me my stuff back?

I have serial numbers (with pictures) of the carbine and a Savage 308 barrel and action. I did pull the stock & scope before I dropped it off. It's groundhog time and I want my rifle back!

Has anyone here dealt with the ATF personally here in Cols? As an organization, they don't have the best reputation as being "customer friendly".
View Quote
call... tell them you dropped your parts off at XXX and no you are told the ATF has them, and u want them back...

go from there....
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top