Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/31/2015 5:10:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive thru Hamilton on St Rt 4. What a sight. Several used tire stores, dozens of used car lots, several closed stores, lots of Mexican repair shops, IMO a total 3rd world shithole.. Like my wife and I say almost daily as we drive thru...Rt 4 should be bulldozed for about 1/4 mile on each side. That would beautify Hamilton.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drive thru Hamilton on St Rt 4. What a sight. Several used tire stores, dozens of used car lots, several closed stores, lots of Mexican repair shops, IMO a total 3rd world shithole.. Like my wife and I say almost daily as we drive thru...Rt 4 should be bulldozed for about 1/4 mile on each side. That would beautify Hamilton.
View Quote

That seems to be the case in most of the shithole parts of town. Cleveland Ave. south of Vance's in Columbus is full of used tire shops, and Spring Grove Ave. and Mitchell Ave. in Cincinnati are the same!

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Used tires ??  We have to bore 2" in sidewall of tires we replace, so scavengers cant get them for sale and hurt somebody due to faulty tire.. Sign out back by pile stating EPA, and Sheriff watch lot looking for theft of old tires
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Drive through Toledo. There are tons of them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup from Hamilton here, can't swing a dead cat and not hit a tire shop. lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Firstly glad you enjoyed your short detour through our lovely thriving entrepreneurial city.

Yes we have a lot of them, are they decent, no.

I think they do alot of repairs and probably less sales, they all seem pretty stagnant...
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Both
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Do these places mount and balance the tires or just sell them? If it's the former, I'd be stopping at every one trying to score wheel weights for casting bullets.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do these places mount and balance the tires or just sell them? If it's the former, I'd be stopping at every one trying to score wheel weights for casting bullets.
View Quote

Most of the places in Hamilton look like they would reuse weights.

Are you fluent enough in Spanish, Indian/Pakistany, Thug or Hilljack enough to know how to ask for weights?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top