Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/29/2015 4:27:40 PM EDT
Looking to replace my roof this summer, and swap my rotten soffit and fascia with something that won't rot.

Received a quote from Able, and their high-pressure sales pitch rubbed me the wrong way.

Anybody know a company with good work and competitive pricing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I just went through this last fall.  I called several roofing companies about a small leak I had.  A couple of them said that they could fix it but that I really needed a new roof.  One of them even said I needed to replace my skylights (I have 4) because one of them had started to leak a little.  That particular company showed me a chart of the top 3 roofing companies in Columbus (they had themselves in first of course) and the whys and hows of how they got there.  I called the #3 company and their estimation was that I not only didn't need a new roof (and they could fix the leak) but that they could also re-glaze my skylights at a fraction of the cost.  Sure I'll still need to replace my roof sometime in the next 10 years or so, but it saved a huge pile of money for now and I was very impressed by their honesty and they did a very nice job.

It was B & T Roofing that did the work.  http://www.btroofing.com/
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
BBB Review of B&T Roofing

BBB Review
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
iirc those big roofing companies like Able etc uses 90% subs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was B & T Roofing that did the work.  http://www.btroofing.com/
View Quote

looks like a good outfit.  I'll give them a chance.  thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Try my friends at Williams Brothers Construction.

I got a quote from Hansons, because my neighbor got a referral credit.

Super high pressure. Tried to tell me it was going to cost $12000 for roof, but it was my lucky day and they were doing a 50% off promo..

Ended up paying  around $3500 to Williams Bros.

Avoid Hansons..2-3 months later I got a call from them saying there was a crew at my place ready to put in the windows I had ordered

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I used a company called Ascent Roofing.  Great to deal with. Not pushy. Veteran owned company. In and done in one day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay the heck away from Rich Roofing and Roofing Annex.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top