Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/27/2015 3:00:48 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I live on the west side of cleveland and am hoping to find a few ( or group ) of fellow shooters who enjoy it as much as I do to hang out and go shooting. My fiancé says that I'm in a relationship with my firearms and that's she's actually my mistress! I pretty much eat, sleep, and live firearms. I don't mind traveling and am usually free most weekends. I am a member of a local sportsman club down in Medina which is ok for slow shooting and sighting in but, I'm looking to do more tactical style training. Speed reloads, transitioning drills and double tabs and things along those lines. With that said, I live in the city and do not have my own property to shot on.  I shoot all types of firearms but mainly enjoy long range precision rifles an AR style rifles. I am into reloading as well as working on and upgrading my firearms. I recently got bit by the NFA bug and am working on my colection of silencers ans SBR's. I am also working on getting the nessessary items to start Cerakoting my own firearms and am hoping to get that going soon.

If anyone would like to hang out and shoot, let me know. Email works best but I do check my IM's daily as well.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Tusco rifle club is a bit of a drive ,about 70- 80 miles South on I 77.  They have a monthly Steel plate shoot. Rifle,Pistol, Shotgun, NFA anything you want to shoot.  Also a lot of other things going on.  I try to go every month.  Come down and Shoot.
http://www.tuscorifle.org/

Greenport is South of Canton.  They have things happening. If you live in the Cuyahoga county you pretty much have to plan on driving if you want to shoot rifle.
http://gta.diablops.com/
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to try and make it out to ECCL sometime.  My parents have six acres but it a little too small for rifle practice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a west sider as well, and I belong to erie county. Been a member for about 15 years. The action matches are a lot of fun. Be careful about the NFA bug. I started with one SBR, now have several and a can on the way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks for the info. I was out to ECCL once with a member last summer to shoot out at the 300yd range. It was a nice place to shoot. I considered becoming a member. I did not know they held these kind of events, I will have to check them out.

I also looked into becoming a member of Ashland lake but, the drive was a bit far for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tusco rifle club is a bit of a drive ,about 70- 80 miles South on I 77.  They have a monthly Steel plate shoot. Rifle,Pistol, Shotgun, NFA anything you want to shoot.  Also a lot of other things going on.  I try to go every month.  Come down and Shoot.
http://www.tuscorifle.org/

Greenport is South of Canton.  They have things happening. If you live in the Cuyahoga county you pretty much have to plan on driving if you want to shoot rifle.
http://gta.diablops.com/
View Quote

I've never heard of these clubs but will be sure to check them out. Thanks for the info on them!

The longest distance I've found that was local was out at ECCL @ 300yds. I'm a member out at SCSA in Medina and they go out to 200yds. Lorain rifle and pistol club was building a 600 yd range some time ago but I don't think that's happening anymore. I tried to join out there but never heard anything back from them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a west sider as well, and I belong to erie county. Been a member for about 15 years. The action matches are a lot of fun. Be careful about the NFA bug. I started with one SBR, now have several and a can on the way.
View Quote

Like I said, I was already "bit". I have 2 cans now and a third one in "jail". I also have 3 SBR's pending (2 of which I'm hoping will be sometime soon!)
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Like I said, I was already "bit". I have 2 cans now and a third one in "jail". I also have 3 SBR's pending (2 of which I'm hoping will be sometime soon!)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is going to get off topic, but for the NFA stuff..Did you guys do a trust, if so, did you do an online one or go to a local lawyer?  I recently talked with the Lorain county sheriff and they basically explained their sign-off is like getting the background check for your concealed carry which is $50 per visit, unless you have multiple form 1 or form 4's to fill out then they'll do it all at the same time for $50.
I don't have a ton of extra $$ floating around but I've got a stripped lower that I could SBR and slowly build.  I've also got a Heckler & Koch USC that I'd love to turn into a UMP, but that's going to make my bank account hemorrhage.
also, hopefully a few of us could get together sometime and shoot.  maybe have a pretend Cola Warrior.  
I've got a few supplies already
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know this is going to get off topic, but for the NFA stuff..Did you guys do a trust, if so, did you do an online one or go to a local lawyer?  I recently talked with the Lorain county sheriff and they basically explained their sign-off is like getting the background check for your concealed carry which is $50 per visit, unless you have multiple form 1 or form 4's to fill out then they'll do it all at the same time for $50.
I don't have a ton of extra $$ floating around but I've got a stripped lower that I could SBR and slowly build.  I've also got a Heckler & Koch USC that I'd love to turn into a UMP, but that's going to make my bank account hemorrhage.
also, hopefully a few of us could get together sometime and shoot.  maybe have a pretend Cola Warrior.  
http://i.imgur.com/HqpxtGW.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I so wish I had the land to host a Cola Warrior North Coast. I want to go to a Cola Warrior event so bad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

same here.  someone mentioned it on the ARFCOM Facebook page and i've been thinking a lot about it...not that i'd have the time to be able to go unless it was super close to me.

I so wish I had the land to host a Cola Warrior North Coast. I want to go to a Cola Warrior event so bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here.  someone mentioned it on the ARFCOM Facebook page and i've been thinking a lot about it...not that i'd have the time to be able to go unless it was super close to me.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
theoretically, i wonder how much it would take to rent out all the ranges on A&A to use for a cola event
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
email in bound
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally use a trust. It's nice to be able to have multiple people be able to have control of the NFA items especially ,if something were to happen to me. My local NFA dealer set the trust up for me in his shop. He also runs a website that you can also purchase it on although I don't know it offhand. I can look it up if you would like. Everything I've done so far didn't require any LEO sign off so anything new I decide to purchase will have to done like that. I was wondering how the sigh-off process would work like, do you have to make an appointment or just drop off the paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
theoretically, i wonder how much it would take to rent out all the ranges on A&A to use for a cola event
View Quote

Had to look up what a Cola warrior event was. Sound pretty interesting and would be a ton of fun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:27:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone else a member out at SCSA? I was thinking maybe a good group of guys can get together on the weekend and hit the 200 yd range. Have a friendly compitition shooting for groups. Thrown down a few bucks and smallest group wins the pot. Or on the flip side, whoever has the biggest group buys the first round at the bar afterwards! ( wait, that would prob be me, scratch that idea!)
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I personally use a trust. It's nice to be able to have multiple people be able to have control of the NFA items especially ,if something were to happen to me. My local NFA dealer set the trust up for me in his shop. He also runs a website that you can also purchase it on although I don't know it offhand. I can look it up if you would like. Everything I've done so far didn't require any LEO sign off so anything new I decide to purchase will have to done like that. I was wondering how the sigh-off process would work like, do you have to make an appointment or just drop off the paperwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your local nfa dealer?  PM me if you don't want to drop the name on here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I live on the west side of cleveland and am hoping to find a few ( or group ) of fellow shooters who enjoy it as much as I do to hang out and go shooting. My fiancé says that I'm in a relationship with my firearms and that's she's actually my mistress! I pretty much eat, sleep, and live firearms. I don't mind traveling and am usually free most weekends. I am a member of a local sportsman club down in Medina which is ok for slow shooting and sighting in but, I'm looking to do more tactical style training. Speed reloads, transitioning drills and double tabs and things along those lines. With that said, I live in the city and do not have my own property to shot on.  I shoot all types of firearms but mainly enjoy long range precision rifles an AR style rifles. I am into reloading as well as working on and upgrading my firearms. I recently got bit by the NFA bug and am working on my colection of silencers ans SBR's. I am also working on getting the nessessary items to start Cerakoting my own firearms and am hoping to get that going soon.

If anyone would like to hang out and shoot, let me know. Email works best but I do check my IM's daily as well.

View Quote

Hello,

I am also in search of shooting buddies. I am from Westlake but currently in Columbus for school. Im only a college student and no one around me is interested in firearms. Even my roommate who is a national guard doesnt have a particular interest in shooting. Im madly passionate about firearms and its technology.

For this coming Saturday, Ive decided to take a short one and a half hour drive to WOLF CREEK WILDLIFE shooting range. Apparantly, it is an unsupervised free range. I had 3 guns last month but sold all to buy a new Arsenal ak. I havent shot it yet; I hope you understand the itch Im getting for waiting till next weekend.

Cleveland is possibly the worst place to shoot. They are very anti firearm and indoor ranges are god awful.

Shoot me a message, we may keep in touch,
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hello,

I am also in search of shooting buddies. I am from Westlake but currently in Columbus for school. Im only a college student and no one around me is interested in firearms. Even my roommate who is a national guard doesnt have a particular interest in shooting. Im madly passionate about firearms and its technology.

For this coming Saturday, Ive decided to take a short one and a half hour drive to WOLF CREEK WILDLIFE shooting range. Apparantly, it is an unsupervised free range. I had 3 guns last month but sold all to buy a new Arsenal ak. I havent shot it yet; I hope you understand the itch Im getting for waiting till next weekend.

Cleveland is possibly the worst place to shoot. They are very anti firearm and indoor ranges are god awful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Hello,

In Columbus I would go to Deer Creek or Delaware shooting ranges. They're state ranges but they're just fine to shoot at.

If you think Cleveland is anti-firearm you aren't looking hard enough. Sure the city of Cleveland isn't friendly, but the Cleveland area and Northeast Ohio in general has a VERY LARGE shooting community. The OGCA headquarters is in Sagamore Hills, Camp Perry is less than an hour away (give or take) and there are dozens on dozens of gun stores and even more FFL's. The problem with the Cleveland area isn't that it's anti-gun, it's that it's been populated for a LONG TIME so there aren't many big outdoor ranges. Those that are will typically be private clubs and don't do much advertising.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#21]
i live in medina, and teach Precision Rifle classes in wadsworth out to 900y, info here

just got back from the big ranyers snaiper match this weekend.. next 1 is in the fall and signups have started, cost is 100 for the big match... monthly 1000y matches are 20$

1st rifle class this year will be 4/17, limit 6 people

Precision Rifle Instructor

Class Info PDF

http://goo.gl/jCo4w3

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top