Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:39:33 PM EDT
I am going to be moving from my townhouse into a house in the summer. Currently I am in Mariemont and really enjoy the Cincinnati area so I would like to be near a highway for ease of travel. Anyway, I am looking at houses in Fairfield Township and I was wondering what you guys thought of the area. The houses that I am looking at is near Hamilton city and I heard that Hamilton is a bad area. Is that true? Also, how are the schools in that area. I don't have any children currently, but I plan on staying in one location for awhile.

I am also looking at Mason, Blue Ash, West Chester, Liberty township, Madeira, Montgomery, and Sycamore areas. Possibly Milford or Loveland.

Can you guys give me your opinions? Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally like about every option you mentioned besides Fairfield. But with that said I have lots of friends that love that area. I lived on the edge of Fairfield and forest park for a few years and although I never had any issues it's definitely not where I would pick of your choices.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Fairfield Township and my family really likes it. We are close to Bridgewater Falls and the schools seem to be very good. Of course it is all in how you look at things and what "crowd" your kids may end up hanging with. It does not matter where your kids go to school, they will be subjected to all of the wonderful things we were (and more) as a kid. I will tell you that the property taxes just went up so check on that too before you commit because they are getting ready to put on a police levy which will raise the property taxes again if it passes. Good luck...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it. I will be looking at houses in Fairfield Township this weekend, but will get my eyes open in the other areas I mentioned. My realtor mentioned that this Monday is the beginning of spring for the housing market and a lot of houses should be listed soon. I hope that is correct because almost every house that I am interested in is pending with another buyer.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If that's the area you are interested in I would look at Liberty Township. We moved from Fairfield Tsp to Liberty 20 years ago. Nothing against Fairfield township we just like Liberty more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in Liberty Twp and work in West Chester. I like both.
I will say that every time the news is on you hear of an issue in Hamilton such as an OD, shooting, etc. Personally, I would not live there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in Mason..Pretty nice folks here..They have a good local LGS And all of the police officers I have come in contact with have been very pro 2 A..
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Grew up in Mason, parents were teachers in Mason local. Moved about 35 years ago. I wish it was small town like when I grew up. I would move back. Taxes are high from what I've been told by old neighbors. Too congested for my likes now.

Lived and worked in Hamilton for years. Hamilton now has nothing to offer IMO.

Currently in Fairfield city. Like it. Schools are good. BTW, Fairfield Township and Fairfield City are the same district. Township has some different ordinances/rules than the city. Either city or township you can't go wrong IMO.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
What part of town do you work in? I'd hate to be traveling from liberty township or Mason towards downtown everyday, as it seems like the traffic is always horrible. I live off of Murray Ave btw
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of town do you work in? I'd hate to be traveling from liberty township or Mason towards downtown everyday, as it seems like the traffic is always horrible. I live off of Murray Ave btw
View Quote

I work in the Montgomery area. I looked at a house in Lebanon the other day and it met all my needs so I think I'm going to put an offer in for that one. I really like Mason, but like others have stated it is kinda crowded and pricy for what you get. Lebanon isn't a bad location either since I have to go to Wright-Patterson AFB a few times a month since I'm in the Reserves so the commute will be less than it is now.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
just make the extra payments and move to Indian Hills
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top