Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:24:45 PM EDT
Opinions on jackie o's beer? Specifically the brick kiln, woodburner, aphrodite, apparition and barrel aged variants? Are they easy to get in your area or pretty much just available at the brewery?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Jackie O's is good stuff, and they have no problem shipping it from Athens to Columbus for our stores and restraurants/bars.  I would drink it more, but Columbus has become very rich in microbrews recently, you cant beat being able to go to a brewery a few blocks from your house and pulling up a stool.  What area are you in?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Readily available at Arch City in Columbus. It's a good-tasting beer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Im in far southeast WI between chicago and milwaukee. I have access to some good barrel aged stuff, goose island, central waters but would love to try some new stuff. I wish they had a place like jackie o's around here. All their beer sounds great.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Can get Jackie O's down here near Cincinnati no problem. Mostly the canned stuff I've noticed. Of course the limited release stuff is naturally harder to get.

I've had their Bourbon Barrel Brick Kiln, Dark Apparition, and Dark Apparition Barrel Aged. All were excellent beers. Of those the Dark Apparition Barrel Aged was probably my favorite. I admit I am biased toward bourbon barrel aged brews.

I intend to give their other offerings a try but I've got to clear out room in my fridge. I've got too many other brews I've been needing to try stacked up in there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
hoppinfrog makes some mighty fine bourbon bbl aged BORIS

From Fred's email blast yesterday

The yearly RateBeer.com results are in - and Hoppin' Frog Brewery once again earns extremely high ratings!  RateBeer's results show that Hoppin' Frog is rated TOP BREWER IN OHIO for the 3rd. year running!!  BOOM!!  That's amazing in itself, considering all the great breweries we have here in Ohio!!  But also.....Hoppin' Frog has the BEST BEER IN OHIO with our B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout!  And once again.....Hoppin' Frog is rated one of the 100 TOP BREWERS IN THE WORLD for the 8th. YEAR IN A ROW!!  TRIPLE BOOM!!!  We are so proud to have earned these amazingly high ratings!  These superior ratings are a testament to all the thought, hard work, and care we put into each and every bottle of Hoppin' Frog beer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah we get hoppin frog here but never noticed if it was the barrel aged variety. Ive been looking for it lately and havent seen it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hoppinfrog makes some mighty fine bourbon bbl aged BORIS

From Fred's email blast yesterday

The yearly RateBeer.com results are in - and Hoppin' Frog Brewery once again earns extremely high ratings!  RateBeer's results show that Hoppin' Frog is rated TOP BREWER IN OHIO for the 3rd. year running!!  BOOM!!  That's amazing in itself, considering all the great breweries we have here in Ohio!!  But also.....Hoppin' Frog has the BEST BEER IN OHIO with our B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout!  And once again.....Hoppin' Frog is rated one of the 100 TOP BREWERS IN THE WORLD for the 8th. YEAR IN A ROW!!  TRIPLE BOOM!!!  We are so proud to have earned these amazingly high ratings!  These superior ratings are a testament to all the thought, hard work, and care we put into each and every bottle of Hoppin' Frog beer.
View Quote

I have enjoyed some of that, but will creep up on you if you enjoy too much, very good beer
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Try

Rockmill Brewery
CASK AGED TRIPEL
GOLDEN ALE AGED IN OAK WHISKEY BARRELS
10.5% ABV
Tripel aged in whiskey barrels from local micro-distillary Middle West Spirits Rich vanillins intermingle with the delicate notes of the Ohio Winter Wheat Whiskey.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top