Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:27:43 PM EDT
Looking to go in August.  Any stay recommendations or general what to do?

Lived here 26 years and never been so wife and I are taking a couple days off to go.

Thinking Put In Bay resort. Swim up bar. Jacuzzi rooms. King bed. And we are probabaly doing a Sunday night monday night Tuesday night deal because it's way cheaper.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You can rent golf carts or scooters to drive around the island if you want. The Heineman's Winery tour is not bad. Unfortunately, they don't do much production in the summer but you get to check out he crystal cave and get a sample. You can buy bottles of wine and snacks and hang out in their wine garden. Go to the top of the Perry Memorial Monument and take in the view. Tons of bars to go to in the evening. Also get some Frosty's Pizza while you are there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Two things.

Bring your drinking shoes

If you rent a golf cart, don't drink and drive, it's the shittiest way to a DUI ever!

Bonus Tip!!!!

If the PiB cops do sniff you out for whatever reason, be extra cool, and there is a >50% chance you walk away unscathed when the bars close. It's called being "put in timeout."
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Often the hotel room will include the use of a golf cart.  There are some places to see on the island but primarily it's the night life.  The monument is cool to visit, great view from the top.  There are a few cave tours to take, kinda cheesy but neat history.  

We (2 adults - 3 kids) stayed at a place off the main strip called Bay Lodging.  They have a Ohio State Buckeyes theme including a Brutus Buckeye on the bottom of the pool.  Decent place, kinda no frills.  You can find fancier places though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#4]
"Swim up bar"

do u have any idea how much piss is in that pool?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Myself and a group of friends go to P.I.B. every fall. in my opinion that's the best time. not too hot not too cold. I would not go into the magical pool where no one ever has to get out to piss, while drinking...... other than that we always try and go see when the Menus are playing at the beer barrel saloon, we love cameos pizza, and the lobster bisque on the boardwalk is pretty amazing for what it is. ( I imagine it being better in a New England state) we love heinemans winery, never been on the tour, but get pretty shitfaced there. and police generally leave you alone unless your starting shit, acting a fool, or belligerently drunk. we also go to pasquales for breakfast.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PIB is the closest thing in the Great Lakes Region to Key West.  In the summer, anyway.  

Check the events calendar.  There's more alcohol some weekends than others.  Any weekend is great if you're no more than a couple of years out of college or have at least a 30' boat!  Lately we've restricted ourselves to May or September, even for day trips.  If you take the first boat over on Saturday and eat breakfast downtown expect to see folks still sitting at the bar...    In the summer we may go mid-week visits and sleep on the boat if we spend the night.

The Bay is completely choked with boats during the regatta week and half choked every other summer weekend.

There is no place to park a car downtown unless your hotel has parking.  Golf cart expense adds up.  Staying over to Monday makes getting back to the mainland easier if you bring your car.  Depending on the number of vehicles taken over it's not uncommon to have all the boats full going back on Sunday with no room for yours.

-- Chuck
View Quote

Chuck,

We are going to be there for the the "Fly In" (with historical car show) and the bartender Olympics.  The piss water doesn't bother me, I have been in much worse (don't even ask).  As for trans to the island, my friend has a cabin with a couple boats so we are gonna get dropped off and pick up by him. Case a beer and he is fine with the ride from Marblehead ;)

Thanks,

Douglas
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Make sure you get a gas golf cart... our last trip we ended up with a electric one and I could have walked faster.  

Do look at the calendar of events, lots of fun stuff going on all summer. Bring some ear plugs if your trip coincides with one of the "biker" weekends.... nothing but weekend warriors revving their engines at 150 decibels.

Your also within 15 minutes or so of Camp Perry, the matches and venders row usually go through the first week in august. .
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If you rent a golf cart make sure you can lock the steering wheel with a cable. I think every single golf cart on the island uses the same key.

Having your cart stolen is "interesting" to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude make your reservations NOW! there is huge shooting event this year at Camp Perry in August ...  it will be crowded
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
In my opinion a golf cart is a waste of money.

Lots of cool places to eat, just try what sounds good.

My favorite attractions are Perry's Monument, Perry's Cave and the Brewery/Pub.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dude make your reservations NOW! there is huge shooting event this year at Camp Perry in August ...  it will be crowded
View Quote

reservations have been made from August 10th-August 14th.  Put In Bay Resort. Seems like its going to be a good time

Thanks

Douglas
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Lots of drinking.
Also dealing with tons of super annoying drunk people.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Adult Playground.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
TITS AND ASS MY FRIEND! Go during Mardigra and take a bunch of beads up with you!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Mike Mad Dog Adams show at the Round House Bar on Sunday if he's playing that weekend. My in-laws live there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Me and a friend sailed out of Cleveland on his 40 something sail boat and it was a blast, stayed on the boat and every night had girls wanting to come back and spend the night and party, we are both married so we behaved but it was crazy how much different the girls act if you are on a boat compared to driving.d

It was fun and all but we aren't much of the bar scene kind of people and we stocked the boat full of booze and tied up near some other boats and partied with them and would head to shore to eat a few meals and do sightseeing.

Was a fun guys weekend and had a blast sailing as the lake conditions were perfect and it was one of his first longer trips in his new boat.
We also had a few hungover women the day we were leaving ask if they could come back to Cleveland with us as their ride left them stranded on the island, we declined.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Me and a friend sailed out of Cleveland on his 40 something sail boat and it was a blast, stayed on the boat and every night had girls wanting to come back and spend the night and party, we are both married so we behaved but it was crazy how much different the girls act if you are on a boat compared to driving.d

It was fun and all but we aren't much of the bar scene kind of people and we stocked the boat full of booze and tied up near some other boats and partied with them and would head to shore to eat a few meals and do sightseeing.

Was a fun guys weekend and had a blast sailing as the lake conditions were perfect and it was one of his first longer trips in his new boat.

We also had a few hungover women the day we were leaving ask if they could come back to Cleveland with us as their ride left them stranded on the island, we declined.
View Quote

Yeah I knew you were a little slow in the head, must be the Michigan fan thing....   $50 per ride back to mainland, and if they vomit on the boat its $200. Take it or leave it bitches!

Gotta make that money!

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

reservations have been made from August 10th-August 14th.  Put In Bay Resort. Seems like its going to be a good time

Thanks

Douglas
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Douglas

Don't forget to visit vendors row at Camp Perry.. The NRA world matches will still be going on..
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top