Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how this effects the word that Ikea was looking at a Cleveland site as reported in December.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder how this effects the word that Ikea was looking at a Cleveland site as reported in December.
View Quote

still possible

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/01/ikea_plans_columbus_store_but.html

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
traffic will get worse, but i'll go anyways
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Lovely!

Added people, traffic  and demand from that area that the current infrastructure can't support as is.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
traffic will get worse, but i'll go anyways
View Quote

Traffic can't get much worse at Polaris, they already need a few more lanes most days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The Polaris/Gemini infrastructure cannot handle the addition of an IKEA.

Polaris will need to become 10-12 lanes wide, Gemini exit widened to four lanes, and that side cut through street will need to be four lanes wide.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the big deal? All they sell is particle board junk
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

But it's Swedish particle board junk with weird names...

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Gemini Pkwy will be extended from I-71 east over to Worthington Rd. As long as traffic doesn't block me on my way to Cabelas, I'll be good .
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#11]
They have good pillows and candy, but thats about it. I hate going into that maze.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck this.  My in-laws live near 71/E Powell Road.  This will be in their backyard.  The amphitheater was alright because there wasn't traffic like there is now.  This will make traffic even damn worse.  I do not want it there.  If I go there at the wrong time of the day it takes me 20-30 minutes to go from Worthington Road to 71.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I might go to check it out, to see with all the hubbub is about. I doubt that I'll go in the first few months of the opening, though. I remember going to an Ikea as a kid in playing in the big ball pit, but that's all I recall.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#14]
here are some plans for Delaware Co roads. This is from January 2014 though, so things may change. It includes plans for Gemini Pl, Worthington Rd, E Powell Rd, S Old State, Home Rd, etc

http://www.centralohioashe.org/Archive/2014/Luncheon/Delaware.pdf
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
here are some plans for Delaware Co roads. This is from January 2014 though, so things may change. It includes plans for Gemini Pl, Worthington Rd, E Powell Rd, S Old State, Home Rd, etc

View Quote

Interesting.  Are all these set in stone to go forward?

I oppose many of them, specifically the Sawmill expansion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said, that overview is from a year ago, so I'm not sure what the actual plans are. They could have changed since then. I cannot find anything on Delaware Co Engineers website about Gemini Place. It's not listed as an upcoming project, but I think they're going to have to do something. The E Powell Rd and Worthington Rd projects are happening.

http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/engineer/currentprojects.htm

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess it will be interesting to see what happens, but traffic is getting to be a problem around Powell, they needed to do the work on 750 and 315, but when that was shut down it sucked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
They are going to re-develop the area where the amphitheater was ..

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/01/19/amphitheater-site-an-urban-lure.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I welcome this addition to Columbus.  I'm a fan of ikea and the jobs coming to Columbus, I go to the Cincinnati ikea a few times a year.

I agree a lot of it is cheap particle board junk, but a lot of it isn't also.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#21]
When you go to hell they make you put together Ikea flat box furniture.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Ikea was epic when i was in college, we would take road trips to Pittsburgh for that shit with a big Suburban.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. IDGAFF.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top