Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:01:09 PM EDT
Looking for someone to make and thread an adaptor for a rail. Would also be willing to send it out to another part of the state if needed

It is a early Armalite fiberglass tube and I have been looking for one for years and got it for a steal.
ONLY PROBLEM is that it is for the AR-10 and not for the ar15.

So I am looking for someone to mill a insert that would thread into the barrelnut on the tube and reduce it down so I can thread it onto my rifle.

Seems like a lot and may cost more then the tube is worth but for some silly reason I am dead set on using this with the build I have in mind and want to have it done.
I'm trying to figure out if it would even mount if the gas tube holes would line up with the upper as well.

Thanks for reading this messy typed post typing on the phone as you are an passenger in a car on Cleveland roads sucks
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I play with this sort of thing as a hobby and might be able to help.
First 2 things I'm thinking ..... The gas tube holes might be an issue. The thread adapter bushing is going to be pretty thin walled as AR 15 threads are 1 1/4-18 and your AR10 threads are 1 7/16-18. That shouldn't be a problem, though.

Tried to send you an email to discuss this further, but you have them disabled?? Feel free to send me an email.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe contact Steve Zimmerman at Gun Works in Sandusky.  He does some pretty slick firearm machining.  

534 Scott Street, Sandusky, OH 44870
(419) 626-3034

He smiths there in the evenings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I play with this sort of thing as a hobby and might be able to help.
First 2 things I'm thinking ..... The gas tube holes might be an issue. The thread adapter bushing is going to be pretty thin walled as AR 15 threads are 1 1/4-18 and your AR10 threads are 1 7/16-18. That shouldn't be a problem, though.

Tried to send you an email to discuss this further, but you have them disabled?? Feel free to send me an email.
View Quote

Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#4]
They are NW, but ADCO might be able to help you out with that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are NW, but ADCO might be able to help you out with that.
View Quote

+1 ADCO doe great machine work...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
He is definitely not in NEO, but you may want to contact John Thomas. He's in the retro AR forum. He does custom stuff like you need. You can see some of his work at Retroarmsworks.com. I had him custom turn and cut down a bbl and then mate a 1950's era BM 59 comp/FH combo for a retro AR carbine prototype build. Everyone in the retro forum will give you 110% recommendations for him and his work. His turn around time is also super fast. He has been known to get projects done and shipped back out in one days time.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top