Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 5:16:42 PM EDT
Anyone know of a shop near Akron that can install a KAC URX rail system? Really don't want to ship it out
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Pro-armament in Cuyahoga Falls has a gunsmith in the shop all the time. He should be able to help you out. I have no idea on price though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone know of a shop near Akron that can install a KAC URX rail system? Really don't want to ship it out
View Quote

Why can't you do it yourself? If it's the same rail as in this video, it looks easy as hell.

I don't see any special tools needed other than possibly the "adapter wrench," but I don't see why you couldn't use a strap wrench or something similar like a pipe wrench with something covering the rail if you're worried about scratching it.

And you most certainly don't need the "custom cut vise jaw" or the "barrel extension tool." A simple bench vise with an upper vise block would be more than sufficient.

Video Link. Skip to about 4:30 for Install Directions

Take some pride man, and do it yourself. These guns are the easiest to build/modify. Don't pay someone to do it for you.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
URX barrel nuts require a proprietary wrench. The wrench costs about $100 which is why I never bought a URX.

ETA: You will need to find a smith with the tool otherwise bite the bullet buy the tool, take 10 mins and put it on yourself, sell the tool or rent it to people. There is someone else asking for the tool on this page.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of hoping someone knew of a smith with the tool, trying to get a urx III installed, If anyone knows of a tool listed for sale let me know
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]

auto zone.... attach torque wrench to that...

i have this and the AR vise blocks at my house in medina

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top