Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 11:51:51 AM EDT
As a NRA Firearms instructor and range safety officer I'm an experience shooter and have put plenty of rounds down range while standing stationary in a shooting lane.

I am looking for some tactical training allowing me to move and shoot also I would like an opportunity to get more comfortable with my M16 (full auto and suppressed) and how to shoot properly wearing an armor carrier, helmet, etc...

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken the course.
Was it worth the money? I dont want to spend $1,000+ to have someone show me how to load and clean a rifle.

I read the description on their website and "Tactical Rifle I" seems pretty basic, i feel like i could jump right into "Tactical Rifle II"

http://tdiohio.com/home_page/

I posted this in the training forum as well but didnt get many responses, thought i would try the local Ohio forum instead.
Also, if anyone knows of any other good courses in the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana area that would be appreciated.

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
from everyone i have talked to that has been there, = 2 or better then gunsite or other big west school
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a course from Pat Mac and never question your purchase.  Personally, TDI offers only basic skill set training.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Validus Protection does allot of shoot-n-move training.

Also moving in teams.  And his prices are reasonable, about $250/class.  The instructor is a retired SEAL.

He's just recently started offering classes to the public.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a couple people that have attended and they liked the classed and recommend the place.  Sorry but that is all I know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know a couple people that have attended and they liked the classed and recommend the place.  Sorry but that is all I know.
View Quote

same here
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Not too many just "jump in" on TDI classes.  Their classes are extremely valuable.  If you think you know your way around a firearm, take their class and you are sure to realize you may have been mistaken. first rate school.  One of the best in the country.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed,  awesome place to train.   I say that with some frame of reference.  I've taken multiple classes at Thunder Ranch,  Tactical Response, Blackwater, and TDI.   They all have their charm, but TDI is excellent and I have always left there "educated."    It doesn't matter if you're LE, Mil, or civilian, they will treat you with respect and make you a better shooter.  I can't recommend them highly enough.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top