Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:33:46 PM EDT
It's been almost a year since I need to do a transfer and wanted to see what places are still good?

My last several was Gun Envy, which is decent. How about the Bullet Ranch?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Alpha Star Tactical off of Silver Drive. $15, $5 each additional. They did ten lowers for me for $40.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's been almost a year since I need to do a transfer and wanted to see what places are still good?

View Quote

$45 for non-members at bullet ranch and the membership fee sucks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100.  This.  I use Gun Envy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun Envy, very good to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

^
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun Envy is probably the cheapest now.  I haven't had any transfer done there, but they have been good to me recently on some other projects.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Alpha Star Tactical off of Silver Drive. $15, $5 each additional. They did ten lowers for me for $40.
View Quote

This!  Use them for all my transfers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
co-paintball paintball wholesalers alphastar tactical is decent.

I enjoy gun envy the most, and always walk out with a deal when i pick up my transfers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^

X
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My vote is alpha star tactical
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
X
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^

X
Gun Envy. They are registered with a ton of online shops as well, which makes it easy.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I use 8mmDale, since he's an ARF guy and $20.  In the Reynoldsburg area, so he's easy to get to from NA.  Also is very accessible at off hours such as evenings.  

AlphaStar is cheap, but having to haggle with them over how to properly fill out a 4473 and then them using the wrong serials/firearm info after lecturing me that "they had a friend who fought in the Bush War" soured me a bit.

GunEnvy went much more smoothly, though I could have dealt without the snide commentary from the counter clerk regarding my purchase while filling out my paperwork.

Maybe I'm the problem...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use 8mmDale, since he's an ARF guy and $20.  In the Reynoldsburg area, so he's easy to get to from NA.  Also is very accessible at off hours such as evenings.  

AlphaStar is cheap, but having to haggle with them over how to properly fill out a 4473 and then them using the wrong serials/firearm info after lecturing me that "they had a friend who fought in the Bush War" soured me a bit.

GunEnvy went much more smoothly, though I could have dealt without the snide commentary from the counter clerk regarding my purchase while filling out my paperwork.

Maybe I'm the problem...
View Quote

I've never had a problem at either Alpha Star or Gun Envy.

Alpha Star has a computer for the customer to use to fill out the 4473.  Gun Envy will do $20 for up to 5 items, so I have started using them for bigger purchases.

Gun Envy also does $50 suppressor transfers, which is the lowest in town I've seen.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Alpha Star has a computer for the customer to use to fill out the 4473.  Gun Envy will do $20 for up to 5 items, so I have started using them for bigger purchases.

Gun Envy also does $50 suppressor transfers, which is the lowest in town I've seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm the problem...

Yea, I just assume it's my purchases or something about me that causes the issues, since I've had friends who have always had good luck with both.  

Just found it funny that the guy at Alpha Star wanted to debate me about where the serial is located on a FAL.  No big deal for me, I'm not the one getting audited by the ATF.

Gun Envy's man just really didn't like P7's or their users I guess. Haha.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'm the problem...

Gun Envy also does $40 engraving work. Stand up guys, in fact I'm dropping off a project there today.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Maybe I'm the problem...
View Quote

+1 for Dale, used him when he had his store too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep miss the store.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I know I'm late to the party... but

He could be $20 now but I remember it being $15. A good guy to work with and pretty generous with the hours.

http://www.chesterarms.net/
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#19]
In Gahanna, a vet and Second Amendment activist

http://www.americanguncrafters.com/
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Dale is the best!

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm the problem...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I've used Alpha Star twice and have chatted with the guys at Gun Envy. They are good folks.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top