Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/21/2014 9:39:15 AM EDT
A local brother just posted this thread in Gen Discussion: Happy Thanksgiving - my house burned down.  He lives in 43064. Outside Marysville.  We're organizing something to help out.  He and his family literally watched their house burn down while wearing shorts and t-shirts in the snow.  

Is there anybody nearby that would be willing to help?  He won't be able to get deliveries right now, so even someone who can act as a shipping address and make occasional deliveries would be great.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm an hour and a half away so I really can't coordinate much. Going through that thread, by page 5 all he said was a 2 year old daughter, he wears size 12 shoes and 13 in boots. Most of their normal clothing probably survived but none of their winter clothing. He said nothing about the wife.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm an hour and a half away so I really can't coordinate much. Going through that thread, by page 5 all he said was a 2 year old daughter, he wears size 12 shoes and 13 in boots. Most of their normal clothing probably survived but none of their winter clothing. He said nothing about the wife.
View Quote

Agreed - I was already taking notes on that as well.  My assumption (without validation either way) is that he lost his credit cards, drivers license and other logistics.  He MIGHT be able to get cash from the bank, but usually they require ID.  The guy may literally have the clothes on his back and no resources to get more.  While waiting for a larger support effort to get kicked off, I thought some prepaid credit cards dropped along with some basic essentials might be great.  

If anyone local can speak up - it would be great!  Right now everybody is pinging him directly, which isn't ideal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, a full inbox isn't going to help much.

I've got my GF hitting up her friends for kids clothes.  I can toss in a weeks worth of socks for him, and need to dig through closets for shoes/boots.  Without his and his wife's sizes I wouldn't know where to begin for other clothes.

I'm not in a position to help financially, but I could make a run up there tomorrow or sunday with donations from other Columbus area people, since I'll be free those days.  I'm north east of Columbus.

ETA - he said he got out with both of their cell phones, yes?  If not, spare phones should also be added to the list.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in 43229 - about 18 mi (20 minutes away).

I work soon, but I'll be off later today. Also Saturday and Sunday I have off - all day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in 43229 - about 18 mi (20 minutes away).

I work soon, but I'll be off later today. Also Saturday and Sunday I have off - all day.
View Quote

Excellent - thank you!!  I think we're supposed to wait for the official approval before kicking anything off, so I'm still waiting on that.  I'm also waiting to hear from rogueboss about his situation and what exactly we can help with.  Standing by....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, my gf has located some girls clothes but needs to know what size. If anyone has a way to contact rougeboss outside of here, please get all the info and post it here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have quite a bit of girls clothes, ranging from 2-up to 9 years old.  Coats, possibly some boots etc.  Called wifey and can dig them up and I can have them out possibly by tomorrow if that helps.  I didn't go through the GD thread, thought it would be posted here, and it was.  I have a pair of insulated Carhart bib overals that are almost new that should fit rougeboss.  

LMK  

bigohio

I'll be checking in periodically, checking this thread.  If something is hammered out, please send an IM, or post relevant info in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Already have 3 donations on the way.

Arfcom is good people.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I am in Columbus. I literally have Men's Clothing  (XL and above), women's clothing size 10-26, and kido clothing. He is welcome to come and take his pick. I will also take deliveries for him if necessary. I will follow up in main thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not far and through that area often.  i'm sure I can help with something.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone maybe compile a list of things they can use? I live about an hour away but can probably rustle up some things.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can someone maybe compile a list of things they can use? I live about an hour away but can probably rustle up some things.
View Quote

Still waiting on that list from rogueboss.  It turns out there was more recoverable from the house than he originally thought, he has a bunch of family and support in town, and is still dealing with the idea of taking help from the team (I think).  I'll post lists as soon as we know something!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]
IM sent
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Bellefontaine about a half hour away. If there is anything I can do I would be more than happy
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]

What exactly do they need? Food items, clothing, help cleaning up, place to stay?

I know how it is to ask for help from people, but if he posts specifics, it'll be easier for us to donate.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Ultimately, rogueboss was able to stay with family and friends, recover a good bit of gear, and is in a lot less need for stuff than we originally expected.  His coworkers are a tight bunch, and he apparently has a lot of family nearby.  That's GREAT news.  Early on it sounded like he had lost everything and literally didn't have a pair of shoes.  It sounds like things have gotten better.  

Here's what was posted in GD:

If no one can resist and has any old boots laying around (size 12 or 13) or some insulated overalls or jacket (L or XL) I could take those, as I probably will be spending alot of time in the cold this winter out there. Our baby wears 3T but she has most of her clothes and now has a winter coat again. My stepdaughter is a size 7-8 girls.
View Quote

Other than that, there's a GoFundMe campaign up where you can chip in a few dollars.  

Thanks again all!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I am in London about half an hour away and my daughter is just getting out of 7-8s. We will start assembling them if there is any local contact info please pass it on, drop off points in marysville etc
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top