Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 11:49:41 AM EDT
My old man has me driving up to Cincinnati to do him a favor this weekend. My main questions are about long guns in my car. Can I have a loaded rifle in my car while driving ? My FL CCW is recognized in Ohio but I see that if I'm pulled over by the police I have the duty to inform that I have a pistol on me, correct ?

Is having the rifle a problem ? The main reason for the rifle is I have no idea how Cincinnati is FSA wise and if the Grand jury comes out with the Michael Brown decision while I'm traveling through GA,Tenn,Kentucky and finally Ohio I don't want to become the next Reginald Denny.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No loaded rifles for anyone. With ccw you can have a loaded handgun anywhere the car. You can have loaded mags, but I think they have to be separated in some way. Toss them in a closed bag and you should be good. Also no mags more than 31 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just reading up some more and if I have the rifle unloaded in my car in a case I'm GTG ? All my mags are 30rd so I'm good on that point ,but how to separate from the gun so I can get them in the gun if needed in a hurry ?

Can the mags just be carried in the mag pouches on the case or do I have to put them in the glove box or trunk?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Just in a separate container, range bag what ever
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mag pouches on the side of a rifle case are fine.  CHL holders can carry them anyway they want as long as they are not inserted into the rifle.
View Quote
Thanks guys ,I just don't want to be caught with just my dick pistol in my hands if SHTF.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an active shooter bag for my AR and pistol mags,mag pouches in my AR case are on the inside.

So I'll just put all the AR mags that will fit in the shooter bag.

I'm just dropping some antiques off for my old man and making a direct about face asap so I don't think I will have a problem.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top