Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/16/2014 8:38:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a source for bundles of slab wood that'll fit in the back of a pick-up truck?  Between a bridge being washed out on my property and a really bad knee, my firewood gathering activities have been down to nothing this year.  The only place I find that was anywhere close, was Middlefield, and they won't load their really big bundles into a pick up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya, Bro! I'm here at the Streetsboro/Ravenna area and I get a local paper called "Good News" for Portage County that I pick up in Giant Eagle's lobbies:

Slim picking this week for pallets, but here's some:

taking orders for slabwood, 10 yards, delivered @$250, call Karl 440.474.2929

Slabwood bundles delivered 440.313.1069

Firewood, pallet cut offs, heater wood 440.693.4603

Heck, if you've got the ability to burn it, try coal: Warner Bros. 440.685.4515 or Pine Valley 440.693.4232

You asked for pallets, but there's a ton of plain-Jane firewood sellers to boot in the area, some @$200 a cord for seasoned hardwood.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you know where Steels Corners is (Stow-Hudson), there's a shop on Allen road right by the intersection with Hudson Drive by the North East Ohio Eye Surgeons building that always has a sign outside for (free for the taking) pallets.
View Quote

THANKS, WALDO! I was there this morning at the Eyeball Docs getting my "headlamps" checked.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I'll check them out!  Getting my knee looked at by an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.  I think I'll be lucky if I avoid the knife on this one, so some "handy" wood, that doesn't require tromping around out back will be very nice.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yer welcome, Hoss! Get those "pegs" looked after at the docs.

ETA, I usually go there once a week or so and I'll send you an IM if they have a pile sitting there so you won't have to make a trip for nothing.
View Quote

Thanks, Waldo! Much appreciated!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top