Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/16/2014 7:50:05 PM EDT
I'm ready to move to Florida

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, watching NASCAR this afternoon seeing people in shorts and t-shirts..
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It starts again!  Thanks Chokey, I was about to post all of the same info.

And I'm supposed to get up and drive to our office in Cleveland tomorrow am.  Lovely.  

Tractor/plow ready.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It starts again!  Thanks Chokey, I was about to post all of the same info.

And I'm supposed to get up and drive to our office in Cleveland tomorrow am.  Lovely.  

Tractor/plow ready.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife is on the road to work as I type. Despite the fact this was no surprise, she said not a single blade has touched the roads in Centerville. Hopefully by the time I leave for work that will have changed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
left this morning at 530am for the airport, definitely slick, but not really bad - took an extra 10 minutes to get there.

i can imagine it will suck on the highways during rush hour since this is the first snow storm of the season.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Had to run my daughter to work, roads were not that bad in NW Columbus.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have about 4 inches in my backyard ~ 9AM.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess it's time to take the mower deck off and put the plow blade on.  

I hate this white crap. Two hour drive to work this AM for what should have been 45-50 min.

I need to move south.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely slowed me down in Columbus, but the roads were not too bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I took the tape measure out this morning, 3" stuck over here in Sandusky County. It's still coming down, so we shall see what the total ends up being.

Everyone is complaining about the snow on FB, however I'm loving it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
About 4.5 ish just north of Loveland.  but its really wet so compacted quickly.  Got my yard aerated, deck off/plow on, worked like a charm.  the rubber edge on the bottom of plow is great for a wet/slushy snow like this one.  Gives the drive a chance to dry before the deep freeze sets in.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#12]
By the time I got up and got my butt to the gym, the roads were just wet with some slush here and there. I can survive this, all winter long.

Let's just not have this, then -10 degree weather to turn it to ice, then some snow on top. That shit is the killer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

By the time I got up and got my butt to the gym, the roads were just wet with some slush here and there. I can survive this, all winter long.

View Quote

Let's just not have this, then -10 degree weather to turn it to ice, then some snow on top. That shit is the killer.

Amen.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

it may not be -10 tonight but it's going to be bad enough. Everything is already starting to ice up.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, the wind is blowing snow back onto the roads where it might refreeze. When I went to work this morning, most folks seemed to be driving like they had some sense being as everything was pretty much covered.

If it looks mostly clear tomorrow morning, I can see folks flying low and then hitting the refrozen spots and having more wrecks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got my drive scraped off before the freeze. I'm looking forward to the upper 50s next week.   For what it's worth the 2 and 3 month maps look great, unfortunately those aren't worth the internet that they're published on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm ready to move to Florida
View Quote

I just moved back from Florida! What was I thinking???
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#18]
i've been out of town and my wife had to plow our driveway and she didn't want to use my new Cub Cadet blower too, so she did it by hand
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#19]
More to come in the months ahead.....
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i've been out of town and my wife had to plow our driveway and she didn't want to use my new Cub Cadet blower too, so she did it by hand
View Quote

At least she can't break it that way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I drove out to the house I just sold this fall, it has a long ass driveway that was notoriously hard to plow/clear and caught drifts like a fucker....I take a look and the new owner is stuck in the bottom of the driveway, slid her car right off and buried it. I see a set of lonely footprints leading up to the house, and I had an easy, peaceful grin fall over my face...not for her bad fortune but for being free of that motherfucking 200 yards of misery.

The new place has paid lawncare and snow removal. Ahhhhh....

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
at least we don't live in Buffalo

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I drove out to the house I just sold this fall, it has a long ass driveway that was notoriously hard to plow/clear and caught drifts like a fucker....I take a look and the new owner is stuck in the bottom of the driveway, slid her car right off and buried it. I see a set of lonely footprints leading up to the house, and I had an easy, peaceful grin fall over my face...not for her bad fortune but for being free of that motherfucking 200 yards of misery.

View Quote

you should've came over and helped plow my driveway!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you should've came over and helped plow my driveway!

I was busy drinking beer watching Juan and Miguel shovel mine. You can't let the help think you're not watching.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#25]
This...that is unbelievable.
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2xK0_KCYAEoMsM.jpg:large
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2xK0_KCYAEoMsM.jpg:large
View Quote

That's awesome.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top