Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/15/2014 3:19:14 PM EDT
My wife and I are looking for an excellent tattoo artist in the Akron/Canton area, but are willing to travel. Anyone you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of stuff do you want done?

Mark and Bunny at Rising Tide in Newark are absolutely phenomenal

Ron Stoolfire at Munkyhead in Newark is one of the best portrait artists in Ohio

There are a bunch of really good artists in Cbus if you are willing to travel that far
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Art bomb in Massillon. They have a very talented staff.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've found that the guys who can bang out really good traditional are more along my style. There is a guy here in Canal Fulton with a popular shop for the area, but watching their Facebook I sometimes see some really awesome tattoos then some really crappy tattoos. Looking for quality and consistency. Thanks for the suggestions, will look them all up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're into traditional I'd recommend Ben Riffe at Stained Skin in Columbus (not the one in Newark), or Joey Knuckles at High Street Tattoo in Columbus. Kevin Bayer and Billie White are really good too, but they're down in Dayton

Joey is currently not tattooing because he's recovering from a broken arm, but once he's done healing I will be having him work on my leg
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If you travel to Toledo ever try Infinite Art. If you like traditional have Sailor Woody do some work on you. Definitely need an appointment though hes always booked.http://iatattoo.com/
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Bill Dugan at Gentleman Tattoos in Youngstown is amazing, as is the other artist there. Easily the best in the area. Billy does extremely straight and crisp linework, and amazing traditional pieces. If you're looking for realistic and colorful, Al Garcia from Reserve Tattoos up in Mentor is probably one of the best artists Ive seen. His work will blow your mind. Check these guys out of Facebook or Instagram and see if their style and work is for you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The only tattoo I have is from Thad.  He's he only one I'd go to for another.  Google "Time Well Spent Tattoo"  when you get to the first "t" in Tattoo, google will auto fill the rest.  He's in Warren.  Great guy and a tremendous artist.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the responses guys! Art Bomb in Massillon looks good, as does Thad in Warren. I can always use an excuse to drop into the Hot Dog Shoppe. ;)
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Al Garcia At reserve tattoo in mentor does really nice work he is on Instagram not sure how you find him on there I don't have Instagram.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Dan, Check out Hammers. Its in Canton and I go nowhere else.  Here is the link for examples of the artwork. All of his artists are good but if you make an appointment just set up an appointment with Jimmy Locker (owner)

ETA: Their facebook to easily look at the work  

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top