Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:21:33 AM EDT
Looking for some land to lease or hunt on that's somewhat close to Cincinnati, new to the area and need some assistance if anyone can help....  I'm a bowhunter and due to a crazy work schedule rarely have much time to escape for some hunting time.....
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Where abouts cincy and how far are you willing to travel. East fork is on the east side, its a state park while highly avoid it during gun season is great for bow season. If wanting to lease you might look at mead property, the paper company. They have property out 32 east about an hour or so away that you can lease at a pretty reasonable price especially if you split it in a group. They also have some public land available. Another place to check out is tranquility, another state owned pubic hunting area that is also about 45 minutes out east 32.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the Kenwood area…   I am willing to drive a bit, for me with my schedule it's about productivity vs. logistics.  I have driven out to Ironton and that was about 2.5hrs away, i would ideally want a bit closer…
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
When I lived in Montgomery, I liked hunting at Indian Creek.  It was about a 20 or 30 minuted drive for me.

ETA:  Also look at hunting in various suburbs.  Some cities have programs that allow bow hunting for deer within the city limits if you apply for a city permit and follow their rules.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I spoke with the fella at Hamilton Cty, very nice guy... Going to keep my eyes and ears open for other opportunities, so far Ohio is awesome
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Hamilton county parks runs a very good deer reduction program for bow hunters.  You are too late for this year, but next year, start checking the parks website in the late spring, generally applications have to be submitted by July.

JLE
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hamilton county parks runs a very good deer reduction program for bow hunters.  You are too late for this year, but next year, start checking the parks website in the late spring, generally applications have to be submitted by July.

JLE
View Quote

I spoke with the director and am looking forward to registering in 2015, most of the areas are close to my work&home which is awesome for me if the dates/areas line up with my schedule....
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top