Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/11/2014 3:09:42 AM EDT
Looks like I'm headed up there this Saturday and going to be there till the end of the year. What's the weather like? Anything to do? Restaurants to check out?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a few years since I've been there but only thing that was there is a small store. With the oil and gas boom it's hard to say if anything is there now. But Cambridge is pretty close and it's got some pretty good food but not much to do. I've ate at the Arena they have good pizzas and other food they had looked good. There is also the Forum it's been a few years but food was good back then. I'm in Zanesville it's more west of Cumberland we have a little bit more to do and some pretty good food as well.  As for the weather it's starting to get cold and I'd guess it's going to stay this way for awhile.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you like African wildlife, The Wilds is a couple miles down the road...  I grew up maybe ten minutes away, until the gas money started rolling in, Cumberland was a one horse town with a small general store.  Cambridge is the nearest thing to civilization your gonna get.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not too far from Rayners Range,  Not sure how much they will be open, but it's a great place to shoot steel out to 1000 yards
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill be up that way all winter long crow hunting if you wanna join!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have property near there, I don't think much is in cumberland.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok after checking a little more it looks like I'm going to be staying in either Zanesville or Cambridge.
Which place is the best?
I'm leaning towards Zanesville. I don't go clubbing, just want a decent place to stay and some choices in food.
Of course a Walmart is a must.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#9]
It might be hard to find a room in either town but more so Cambridge because most of the wells are in that area. If your going to stay in Zanesville I'd try Holiday Inn Express its the newist then Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn, Best Western isn't bad and I don't know about the rest. The Barn is a good place for a beer and some food. Tlaquepaque is great mexican food, Dave's grilling and chillin is great BBQ as is Bill's BBQ. Plus all the food chain places.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

how do you hunt crows?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

how do you hunt crows?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how do you hunt crows?

Shotgun,FoxPro Caller,12 Decoys,1 Fake gut pile.....lots and lots of shotgun shells.

its a freaking blast!

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#13]
There is absolutely nothing in Cumberland. If you like to hunt and fish, get on line and get a free permit for the AEP (Ohio Power) recreation lands. There is a little gun shop in Cumberland called Hill Top Hunting Supplies. I stop there whenever I go to Ohio Power. You can find some decent deals on used guns, and he's always interested in a good trade. The owner is a champion squirrel hunter (yes, that's a thing) He runs dogs. Real nice fellow. Stop in just to shoot the shit. It's that kind of place. He's closed on Mondays. The closest town to do anything, really is McConnelsville. Check out Maxwell's Hunting and Fishing when you are there.

http://hilltophuntingsupplies.com/

https://www.aep.com/environment/conservation/recland/

http://www.maxwellshuntingsupplies.com/
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Zanesville has more to offer IMO.. plus more chicks willing to bang on a couple of beers lol
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shotgun,FoxPro Caller,12 Decoys,1 Fake gut pile.....lots and lots of shotgun shells.

its a freaking blast!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how do you hunt crows?

its a freaking blast!

I'm in
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top