Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:19:15 PM EDT
Have some steel & cast iron junk in the garage and shed that I'd rather not just take to the dump and pay to get them to take it. Would be great if I could exchange it for lead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I take most of my scrap to Franklin Iron & Metal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I take most of my scrap to Franklin Iron & Metal.
View Quote

Any hassles with them? Will they take things like old bicycles?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done the Franklin Iron a couple times, but with large loads..

Ferrous isnt worth much by the ton,, if you got trivial stuff to get rid of, it cost you in fuel to get rid of it..  put out to curb, let the night people have it,, it come up missing real quick.. I did that with a bucket of wheel weight clips from melting wheel weights,, and other misc items like stove, furnace.

If you take bikes there with other stuff,, make sure you remove the tires..fella said something to me when I dumped a bunch of bikes that old neighbor had wiith tires still on.. had to cut tires off and bring them home
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I may just take it all to the dump with stuff I do have to take there anyway. We're only talking about some bikes, brake discs, fireplace hardware and a few other odds/ends.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I may just take it all to the dump with stuff I do have to take there anyway. We're only talking about some bikes, brake discs, fireplace hardware and a few other odds/ends.

Thanks.
View Quote

take that stuff to Franklin...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ended up getting almost $30. That should pay for gas and the fee for the stuff I have to take to the landfill tomorrow.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top