Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/15/2014 12:22:11 PM EDT
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29632433

Just a heads up to anyone on that was on the flight or has friends/relatives that were. I'd hope that the CDC has already made contact with everyone aboard.

"The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is seeking to interview 132 passengers who flew on Frontier flight 1143 on 13 October."

"The flight crew told CDC investigators that the nurse showed no signs of illness on the flight.".... Honest question if anyone knows....What type of training do the airline personnel get to be able to know whether someone has symptoms? I get that if someone is throwing up or sweating uncontrollable but what if the signs weren't so clear?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Dibs on Ohio members guns and ammo, after proper decontamination
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Reports that she spent approximately 5 days in Akron visiting family
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The first time in the history of the world that someone vacations in Akron, and they have ebola...

Actually, this is rather disturbing, being that I work in Akron.  I certainly hope nothing comes of it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Will you do me a solid and if you hear of anything at/from SUMA let me know so I can move my girlfriend out of Akron ASAP?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Will you do me a solid and if you hear of anything at/from SUMA let me know so I can move my girlfriend out of Akron ASAP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am on shift tomorrow and will let you know if I hear anything.  As of Monday neither AGMC or City Hospital hand anything posted. In talking to some of the staff it has been discussed by the Emergency Managers, but nothing put into action.

Also I am hearing that the Nurse has a grandmother that lives in the North Hill area of Akron, no indication of anyone being sick.

FML.... work will be crazy for the next couple of weeks.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard she was in Akron also but I didn't read the article that stated it. My sister lives in Akron. BBC News and the local channel in TX (www.myfoxdfw.com) have had good coverage of Ebola related articles in case anyone is trying to get a different perspective from your local news coverage.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am on shift tomorrow and will let you know if I hear anything.  As of Monday neither AGMC or City Hospital hand anything posted. In talking to some of the staff it has been discussed by the Emergency Managers, but nothing put into action.

Also I am hearing that the Nurse has a grandmother that lives in the North Hill area of Akron, no indication of anyone being sick.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell the medic crews to brace themselves for a wave of "I think I have ebola" calls. And thank you, my only contacts up there anymore are a cop and an AFD probie so I figured you would know more
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I work in Akron as well. Mobile glass service. Touching people's cars and hands and money/checks.... Fuck me. I'm buying a gallon of hand sanitizer and some bleach.
No worries though, the Golfer in chief is probably going to go on vacation soon so we can all be assured that he is on top of things.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I can rarely get anything to hotlink so I won't even try, but Fox8 Cleveland says that five nurses from Aultman were also on that flight. That really sucks because it is my favorite hospital when one is needed and I have two Doctors based there.

http://fox8.com/2014/10/15/cleveland-clinic-metrohealth-announce-their-nurses-were-aboard-flight-with-nurse-diagnosed-with-ebola/
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
And it's hot without trying, I give up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Cleveland Clinic and Metro Health have placed a hand full of nurses on paid leave. I've heard Aultman had a handful as well, not sure of their status
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to Playas, New Mexico, last week with a lay-over both ways in Dallas/Fort Worth airport.  If anyone calls DIBS on my guns, they have to promise not to shoot Wolf through them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess my doctor brother was right, the CDC is inept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, but if you ask Mitch McConnell, it is staffed by EXPERTS and we should give it whatever it asks for.

"I think we ought to listen to what the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] thinks they need either in terms of financing or certainly they'll decide the procedures for travel and all the rest," McConnell told NBC News in an interview. "I think we need to follow the advice of the experts who know how to fight scourges like this."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/15/mcconnell-ebola-flight-bans_n_5990214.html
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Small update....

A Bridal store the woman visited is closed

An school in Akron,  Resnik Elementary, has been released early due to a student being around the woman when she was in town. My understanding is there was no direct contact

Triage Nurses @ AGMC are in tyvex and simple face masks
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#18]
5 nurses from a local hospital that she visited are on quarantine.  My wife is friends with one of them.  The hospital is being VERY pro-active in dealing with this.  Good to see someone is on the ball.

Likelihood of infection on the nurses is very low but they are not taking any chance.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#19]
One news story by "experts" even said that if the nurse had left blood or other bodily fluids on the plane the risk to others would still be very low.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Before all this happened, I called Renecci's office in Parma, the only office that would pick up the phone.  I asked to ban all flights to and from affected countries.  Then, this happens.  I never thought this would occur in our state.  Yesterday, I found out that a relative of the nurse resides within 1/4 mile from my work location at waterloo rd and SR224 in Akron.  That really pissed me off.

The CDC is not prepared for this, and has greatly downplayed the events of the last few days.  As they continue to tell half truths, the brunt of this epidemic is being handled by local healthcare institutions, in cooperation with state and local officials.  Most of the private sector healthcare professionals that have added commentary on this topic have concluded that the CDC in inept at best.  

Ever build a domino model where by knocking over "a" domino results in thousand to fall?  That's what we potentially have here.  Then again, maybe my tinfoil hat is on to tight.  

Bigohio
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Before all this happened, I called Renecci's office in Parma, the only office that would pick up the phone.  I asked to ban all flights to and from affected countries.  Then, this happens.  I never thought this would occur in our state.  Yesterday, I found out that a relative of the nurse resides within 1/4 mile from my work location at waterloo rd and SR224 in Akron.  That really pissed me off.

The CDC is not prepared for this, and has greatly downplayed the events of the last few days.  As they continue to tell half truths, the brunt of this epidemic is being handled by local healthcare institutions, in cooperation with state and local officials.  Most of the private sector healthcare professionals that have added commentary on this topic have concluded that the CDC in inept at best.  

Ever build a domino model where by knocking over "a" domino results in thousand to fall?  That's what we potentially have here.  Then again, maybe my tinfoil hat is on to tight.  

Bigohio
View Quote

No,it's not too tight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Just export that everywhere. Just get them sweaty and have them rub themselves on everything while they're at it. Seriously what the hell?

Can we just send them to ISIS?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

with the exception of our fine Armed Services,

ANYTHING the Federal Government touches turns to MANURE.

CDC=defines the new vistas of INCOMPETENCE.

Listened last night to Gary Rathbun (Toledo iHeart, "An Economy of One,") who researched spending by the vaunted Fed CDC.

His finding: millions spent on public concrete sidewalks, healthy foods for kids, etc. precious tax money squandered on all but Disease Control!

wtf? $6.6 B of our tax money spent there each year and they are fu**ing around with this mindless sh** rather than trying to prevent pandemics, like ebola?

P.S.
FACT: Ask yourself: Why does the Federal CDC own the patent for an ebola "invention"?" Hummm....
Why Does CDC Own Patent on Ebola "Invention?"
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top