Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/13/2014 8:57:13 PM EDT
Is anyone in north central Ohio up to date on these value wise? I picked one up for helping a friend do his roof. Stock is cracked but it's in decent shape. Has two barrels and a customer leather scabared that has a broken handle. I know barrels can be worth something. Any suggestions on who could check it out and let me know what I have. P.s I wanna make a sbs but if it's worth saving I won't.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a good bit about them, my family owns around 10

id be more than happy to take a look at some pictures and give you an idea.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is anyone in north central Ohio up to date on these value wise? I picked one up for helping a friend do his roof. Stock is cracked but it's in decent shape. Has two barrels and a customer leather scabared that has a broken handle. I know barrels can be worth something. Any suggestions on who could check it out and let me know what I have. P.s I wanna make a sbs but if it's worth saving I won't.
View Quote

There are so many variables with this.. it could be worth 200.00 it could be 5000.00 need lots more info and pictures.. but to be 5k It would have to be grade 4 in mint..... very rare,,

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am gonna try and get pics up soon. My computer is down and posting pics off a tablet is a pain. I am in sandusky if some one knowledgeable is close. Not expecting it to be worth much but want to make sure before I make any changes to it. Thanks again everyone.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am gonna try and get pics up soon. My computer is down and posting pics off a tablet is a pain. I am in sandusky if some one knowledgeable is close. Not expecting it to be worth much but want to make sure before I make any changes to it. Thanks again everyone.
View Quote
I'm not far from you and I know a bit about them. I own a 1948 Belgium A5.

Post up the serial number and I can give you the date of manufacture.

Also, what type of barrels are with it?

P.s., I'll be in Sandusky on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know what you end up finding out about it.  Been looking for an A5 for a side project, so if you decide to let it loose, I'm interested!

Cheers,

Spenny
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been working a lot the last few days I am gonna try and get numbers tomorrow. I doubt I'll get rid of it after I saw a picture of a a5 sbs in general discussion my wheels started turning.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top