Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/9/2014 2:19:03 PM EDT
Planning trip there,g tg or not
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Planning trip there,g tg or not
View Quote

If I recall correctly it is posted. I never listen to signs anyway, I just make sure it is concealed properly, never had a problem. I would rather explain why I carried onto a posted property than the cops explain to my wife why I am dead.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Posted.

But they didn't have any metal detectors and weren't wanding people a month ago when I was there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
K I is posted. Correct me if I am wrong but according to Ohio Revised Code if a business is posted the you LEGALLY cannot CCW. That means you are breaking the law and subject to all the penalties that go with that. I would not CCW in a business that post no CCW. I would not give them my business unless absolutely necessary. Entertainment is not on my list of absolute necessary. not worth going to jail over. K I is over priced and undervalued. BTW lived within eyeshot of KI for many years and watched the Eiffel tower go up when I was in high school.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
They usually have metal detectors during Halloween Haunt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if it wasn't posted it's probably not a good idea to be on those rides while carrying.  There are always people losing wallets cameras glasses hats you name it from them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
when I visited I didn't, and I can't believe brazenly announcing that I'd carry even if posted otherwise…even if a person was willing to flaunt the law, announcing it and encouraging others seems even more ridiculous.  bottom line in my book:  enjoy your day, and leave your gun/paranoia in the car. you can't carry in Kroger either and I'm not happy about it but i still shop there sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
when I visited I didn't, and I can't believe brazenly announcing that I'd carry even if posted otherwise…even if a person was willing to flaunt the law, announcing it and encouraging others seems even more ridiculous.  bottom line in my book:  enjoy your day, and leave your gun/paranoia in the car. you can't carry in Kroger either and I'm not happy about it but i still shop there sometimes.
View Quote

Are you referring to the Liquor Control sign that Kroger's has posted?  I don't shop there often but last time I was at one I didn't see them posted other than the Liquor Control sign.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry in Kroger all the time. Not posted
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This.

Just because they have a sign with the word "firearms" on it does NOT mean they are automatically banned.

You gotsa read ALL the words around "firearms" too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've carried in a couple places before I realized it was posted.   For instance, keeping with the Kroger theme, the one near me is not posted.  Walking out of the Kroger near my sister's house, I noticed it was.  The instructor at my CCW class said he generally carries even if it's posted and has only once had a fellow ccw carrier noticed the holster clip on his belt and they asked him to go put it in his car. Not saying that makes it right, but put my mind at ease a little bit the couple times I unknowingly carried where I wasn't supposed to.  I generally lock it in the car if I know they don't allow firearms in the store, and try to stay away from those places if I can help it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
K I is posted. Correct me if I am wrong but according to Ohio Revised Code if a business is posted the you LEGALLY cannot CCW. That means you are breaking the law and subject to all the penalties that go with that. I would not CCW in a business that post no CCW. I would not give them my business unless absolutely necessary. Entertainment is not on my list of absolute necessary. not worth going to jail over. K I is over priced and undervalued. BTW lived within eyeshot of KI for many years and watched the Eiffel tower go up when I was in high school.
View Quote

Me too.  Grew up in West Chester.  We used to ride our bikes there.  I think admission was about $7.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Krogers by me are not posted.  Are you sure about yours?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
KI is posted, not only that but they have metal detectors. I went there about a year ago, walked a damn mile from my car only to be turned away because of my knife. Two miles of waling later i was ready to wait in painfully long lines. Guh i hate amusement parks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
KI is posted, not only that but they have metal detectors. I went there about a year ago, walked a damn mile from my car only to be turned away because of my knife. Two miles of waling later i was ready to wait in painfully long lines. Guh i hate amusement parks.
View Quote

I was there multiple times over this summer... never once saw a metal detector or wand in use.  Last summer and summer prior however... they were in use quite a bit.

Like pointed out above, they do seem to use them for the October Halloween stuff pretty routinely.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go during the week.

We used to get season passes when I was a kid and would never go on weekends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go during the week.

We used to get season passes when I was a kid and would never go on weekends.

Rainy days are the best.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. For a Swiss Army knife no less.  But that was several years ago.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top