Even Private will be hard

Even PCSI has a no full auto allowed stance
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Public and outdoor no. Private yes.
View Quote

Private as in a private gun club, or private land that you have access to?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Briar Rabbit range in Zanesville allows full auto rifles
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Public and outdoor no. Private yes.

Gun club. Well club with a range.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Briar Rabbit range in Zanesville allows full auto rifles
View Quote

Is a public or private range?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It is a public range that you can also buy annual memberships for $100 or $150, can't remember which.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is a public range that you can also buy annual memberships for $100 or $150, can't remember which.
View Quote

Thanks, I talked with them, the lady I talked with is checking to see if they allow full auto at their range, she said they are under new ownership within the last year or so.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]

By public do you mean owned by the state?  No state outdoor range allows full auto in any caliber.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

By public do you mean owned by the state?  No state outdoor range allows full auto in any caliber.
View Quote

No not state owned, private club that allows public paying members.

That's a crock that the state owned ranges don't allow full auto.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks, I talked with them, the lady I talked with is checking to see if they allow full auto at their range, she said they are under new ownership within the last year or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do allow full auto, and have been very helpful on the phone so far getting the details worked out for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vaguely remember some federal agency mandating no-full-auto on state owned ranges if they receive any federal money -- which they all do.

I shot full-auto a couple times many years ago at the Dillon Sportsmen's Club; it's a state owned, privately operated outdoor range in Dillon State Park.  No more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They let me shoot my Mac a few months ago. You better call me if your coming down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]
That is good to hear since I was banging away with a .223 machinegun there three weeks ago.  I really like the fact that they let you play there by big boy rules and just have fun. Someone used tannerite to destroy several fence posts used to hold up steel targets last year and got tannerite banned on the range, but everything else is still allowed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They let me shoot my Mac a few months ago. You better call me if your coming down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a group out of Columbus that Mark Campbell refereed to me a few years ago that did a MG rental, they are looking to do it again but we need a range down that way, will let you know if it pans out.

We might use that one or they might travel up to Sandusky County Sportsman's Club, not sure yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to one of the range guys once about why they don't allow them (this was at Spring Valley by the way), and he said it was because some tool with an MG42 would regularly come and saw their target stands in half.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I talked to one of the range guys once about why they don't allow them (this was at Spring Valley by the way), and he said it was because some tool with an MG42 would regularly come and saw their target stands in half.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds awesome.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have a group out of Columbus that Mark Campbell refereed to me a few years ago that did a MG rental, they are looking to do it again but we need a range down that way, will let you know if it pans out.

We might use that one or they might travel up to Sandusky County Sportsman's Club, not sure yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I've met a few of them in the past.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had the shoot yesterday at SCSC up in Gibsonburg, here is the final group shot.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We had the shoot yesterday at SCSC up in Gibsonburg, here is the final group shot.

http://youtu.be/Onl7RafHlVo
View Quote

Small world. I'm in that video.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/Onl7RafHlVo

To funny, was a fun day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm looking forward to the video that WL shot, he seemed to get some good angles with his remote camera.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top