Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2014 7:13:11 AM EDT
Is Vance's my best option?? Looking needless to say to get the best price possible, need to have it delivered as well, any tips would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Menards had some good deals.

40 gun for 529
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Cabela's.

Pete's Safe moving company is who you'll call. Charges about $150 to go down a flight of stares. We'll worth it though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fin fur and Feather, free delivery from their Ashland store to Columbus - excellent service and price.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again for the replies guys, going to hopefully do this sometime this month.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at youtube   "gun safes" before buy anything.  Buy a bigger one than you think you need. Wished I would have
I got mine from FFF.  They sent 2 Big guys in an unmarked van.  Put it right where I wanted it. The box was unmarked and they were fast getting in the house.
I think the Ashland store is having a Sale on Heritage safes.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I might have to make the run up there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heritage makes some rebadged models for Fin.  The model with the 3/8" steel plate door and 3/16" body is a pretty good value.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at youtube   "gun safes" before buy anything.  Buy a bigger one than you think you need. Wished I would have

I got mine from FFF.  They sent 2 Big guys in an unmarked van.  Put it right where I wanted it. The box was unmarked and they were fast getting in the house.

Heritage makes some rebadged models for Fin.  The model with the 3/8" steel plate door and 3/16" body is a pretty good value.

i believe that's what mine is from FFF, excellent value and quality. i only wish i can remove their big ass FFF logo on the door
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Buy a bigger one than you think you need. Wished I would have.

Snip
View Quote

This all day.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I am considering a Heritage fat boy...do they make them bigger???
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine is a Heritage.  It has the FFF logo on it. I put a Steel Winchester sign over with magnets.  Got in 03  when they first started the free delivery.
Right now they have  scratch and dents at  the Ashland store only. The link is the one up on their sight right now @10:30 pm.
Heritage has a good UL list rating.  It looks like FFF is going big on Liberty safes.  The MB hts store had a lot of them.  

http://finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/monthly_flyer.pdf
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Liberty is having  some of their safes made in China.. I guess it's a cheaper line to compete with Stack on etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Liberty makes the Fat Boy and yes, there are safes much bigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am considering a Heritage fat boy...do they make them bigger???

Liberty makes the Fat Boy and yes, there are safes much bigger.

I would go 3 times as big as you think you need. The number of guns advertised will not fit almost guaranteed.
I'm on #3 now and already stuffed to the gills (I went BIG this time, like double door big).
Just buy the best and biggest you can, then buy another of the best and biggest you can later.
I'm going to do a vault in the next house.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fin fur and Feather, free delivery from their Ashland store to Columbus - excellent service and price.
View Quote

+1.  Good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
The Tractor Supply store on Route 23 in Delaware sells safes.  They don't have a huge selection and I don't know how competitive their prices are, but it's an interesting store and worth a look anyway if you live north of Columbus.  

They did have a nice selection of machetes when I stopped in on my way back from Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Hair dryer, my man.  Unless its painted on, then you might have to just turn the safe around.

Quoted:

i believe that's what mine is from FFF, excellent value and quality. i only wish i can remove their big ass FFF logo on the door
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hair dryer, my man.  Unless its painted on, then you might have to just turn the safe around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's definitely painted/silkscreened on - i used a plastic putty knife once on it and it didn't even scratch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Tractor supply has some good deals if you watch
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought two of the Liberty safes from Vances and was very happy with the deal and the safes. I already had a custom made one. Smith Security makes them in Totogany Ohio.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I ended up buying mine from Vance's, being delivered tonight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:23:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Scoped rifles are your enemy with a safe it seems, especially varminters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Bought mine from Fin Feather Fur.They delivered and put it in my basement.It's a Heritage that holds 56 rifles.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#26]
How much was the delivery if I may ask?? I almost went up there but I was afraid delivery from Ashland down here would be steep.
Quoted:
Bought mine from Fin Feather Fur.They delivered and put it in my basement.It's a Heritage that holds 56 rifles.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How much was the delivery if I may ask?? I almost went up there but I was afraid delivery from Ashland down here would be steep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They charged me 50.00.I live east of Akron.It was money well spent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I probably should have checked with them, I just assumed the cost of shipping would offset whatever I might have saved on the safe.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top