Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/21/2014 10:42:39 AM EDT
I'm looking for a AK47, possibly a VEPR, and a youth lefty .22 rifle.

I have never been to the Berea show, anything to look for?

Anybody else going? What are you looking to get?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't been to the Berea show in over a year.  Never have any plans to go to a gun show, but just seem to end up there.  We should set up a HTF meet up at one of these shows.  

I'm much closer to the Niles show.  Anyone been to both lately for a comparison?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Will all 3 the barns be open?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there at a friends table

I have scored a few deals over the years at the show and I think all 3 will be open

Will be wearing a arfcom od green hat

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan on being there, looking for milsurps mostly. One particular pistol specifically  if the dealer still has it but I'm on a Finnish Mosin kick right now so I'll be looking for those as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Avoid going to the first building on your left first. The first building gets packed and the dealers up their price since you haven't comparison shopped yet. Start at the farthest building and work your way back. I used to set up a lot at the Berea show to thin the herd and I rarely saw good deals from dealers. The best deals are from the private sellers walking around.

You can also find great deals from the custom holster makers. There are several that go to that show and they have great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Planning to go sunday for a little bit. I live in berea so i make most of them when they are there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there.

I have some milsurp 7.62x25 that I would like to sell if people are really paying 0.40/round.

I thought about letting go of some 5.45 milsurp too, but I think I'll hold on to it and shoot it myself.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I went today.  Just marvelled at the boolits and neckbeards.  Grabbed an IWB holster for my XD.

I have only been once in the last 8 years besides this time.  This time had a decent crowd, the last time was empty.

Gun shows sadden me now.  See $250+ half cases of .223 makes me cry.  $50 federal .22 packs appeared every so often, too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Well,

I went, and left disapointed.

The only youth rifles I saw were at the buckeye firearms tables, and if I wanted to pay MSRP+ I would have pounced.

Not many AK's, but I guess there never really are.

Bought $5 worth of targets, and a chunk of chocolate/peanut butter fudge.

If anybody was wondering, it was either Hot MILF day at the Costco in Strongsville, or the wonders of Yoga pants and makeup still amaze my eyes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well,

I went, and left disapointed.

The only youth rifles I saw were at the buckeye firearms tables, and if I wanted to pay MSRP+ I would have pounced.

Not many AK's, but I guess there never really are.

Bought $5 worth of targets, and a chunk of chocolate/peanut butter fudge.

If anybody was wondering, it was either Hot MILF day at the Costco in Strongsville, or the wonders of Yoga pants and makeup still amaze my eyes.
View Quote

^most useful thing about this thread^
I too am saddened by prices of mil-surp ammo.  you used to be able to walk out with more than you could carry for under $100.  I did see a few Tavor's for around $1700 which is actually less than Fin feather and fur, I guess they could've been used though.  The dealer from Seville OH (forget the name ?BMT firearms?) had some nice under folder AK's for $700.  Again, it's sad when $700 for an AK is a 'good price'.
I had some 22lr with me that I was tempted to trade for a Troy front battle site.  A dealer had the part though, so I didn't even ask about trading.  I figured that would be a no go so I didn't even waste my breath asking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:05:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Bought a SW 642 that I could not tell had even been fired for $380. Justified my first Berea show trip in years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I missed out on a holster for my German marked Browning High Power by literally 15 seconds as I was reaching for it as another guy picked it up. On a better note, the same seller had a Finn M91 Mosin hand guard for 35$ so I snagged it, I've passed on several M91's that lacked hand guards so I'm sure I will find something to put it on eventually. I also bought a German Sauer 38H .32 that had been nickeled for 200$, my original Sauer is fun to shoot but so valuable that I don't shoot it much, I can shoot this one to my hearts content.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I went and managed to sell off my stash (5 sealed spam cans) of 1950's Polish milsurp 7.62x25 tokarev ammo for lots of $$$.

There was a guy there selling 80% lowers and jigs. He had cast, forged, and billet options that looked pretty nice. He seemed to be selling quite a few.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#17]
The seller was jsd supply from Butler, PA (between Youngstown and Pittsburg) and the billet lowers were $95 and jigs with all required drill bits were $85

The cast and forged lower were each lower priced in steps from the billet. The jig and bit set was the same for all.

When purchasing multiples, the guy was willing to knock off $5 each.

Cash transactions required no ID in case you are concerned that the ATF will raid the manufacturer of 80% lowers and confiscate their customer data.

JSD has a web site where you can see their products; The show prices were better than buying online.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you catch the price on the forged 80%'ers?  I'm not in the market, just wondering what they are going for at the shows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I went and managed to sell off my stash (5 sealed spam cans) of 1950's Polish milsurp 7.62x25 tokarev ammo for lots of $$$.

There was a guy there selling 80% lowers and jigs. He had cast, forged, and billet options that looked pretty nice. He seemed to be selling quite a few.

Did you catch the price on the forged 80%'ers?  I'm not in the market, just wondering what they are going for at the shows.

TR Enabling just ran a free shipping promo over Easter.  And the 80's were also on sale for $69.  Gonna be hard to beat that price for a billet 80.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw a guy selling a 80% lower at the flea market the other day.  When I asked him how much he told me $100.  He then said they were illegal since the feds just raided the manufacture.  I said if they are illegal why are you selling them and why would I want it?

Which one of you was it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I went on Saturday morning and left with a stripped lower - not much there in terms of deals and everything just seems to be offshore crap.

Kinda disappointed that the guys selling Magpul stuff didn't have the new MOE SL stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Basically guns shows are only good for curios, relics and used stuff.  New guns, parts and ammo can be purchased off the internetz for less even after shipping is factored in.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I went on Saturday morning and left with a stripped lower - not much there in terms of deals and everything just seems to be offshore crap.

View Quote

Kinda disappointed that the guys selling Magpul stuff didn't have the new MOE SL stock.

They aren't even available yet, as far as I know.

MP's site says Fall 2014.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

New guns, parts and ammo can be purchased off the internetz for less even after shipping is factored in.
View Quote
True that

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top