Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/19/2014 7:49:20 PM EDT
I'm looking for an FFL who will charge only once for multiple gun transfers. I currently use firepower arms in mason but they charger $25 per item. I'm trying to buy 4 (cheap) stripped AR lowers at once and not have to pay an additional $100. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.facebook.com/RT2ARM?rf=557442707681418
His name is Mike Reed. $20 for the transfer. He recently opened shop. I believe he will still transfer multiple guns at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Kyles Gun Shop in Finneytown will do up to five at once for $20.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking for an FFL who will charge only once for multiple gun transfers. I currently use firepower arms in mason but they charger $25 per item. I'm trying to buy 4 (cheap) stripped AR lowers at once and not have to pay an additional $100. Thanks
View Quote

Cheap guns on the internet and people not wanting to pay anything for transfers is why brick and mortar stores go away. Not to be a troll, but how about supporting the FFL's that try to support the hobby?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's good to know and that's where I would go.

Dad's in Waynesville does $10 transfers.  Don't know about multiples, might be worth a call to ask.

http://www.dadsgunshop.com
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cheap guns on the internet and people not wanting to pay anything for transfers is why brick and mortar stores go away. Not to be a troll, but how about supporting the FFL's that try to support the hobby?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering if this would come up. You're not trolling, it's a valid point.

I completely get transfer fees. It IS absolutely worth it to pay a nominal fee for a firearms transfer. However, paying an additional 50% per item to add another serial to the 4473 just because? I love the fact that there are local gun stores I can just walk into and I try to patron them
when I can, but I'm not going to arbitrarily toss money at them (or any business,
really) just for the sake of keeping them solvent.

And as far as supporting businesses in the shooting hobby, I thought that's what I was doing by buying from places like rainers or primary arms?  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I completely get transfer fees. It IS absolutely worth it to pay a nominal fee for a firearms transfer. However, paying an additional 50% per item to add another serial to the 4473 just because? I love the fact that there are local gun stores I can just walk into and I try to patron them when I can, but I'm not going to arbitrarily toss money at them (or any business, really) just for the sake of keeping them solvent.
And as far as supporting businesses in the shooting hobby, I thought that's what I was doing by buying from places like rainers or primary arms?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely get transfer fees. It IS absolutely worth it to pay a nominal fee for a firearms transfer. However, paying an additional 50% per item to add another serial to the 4473 just because? I love the fact that there are local gun stores I can just walk into and I try to patron them when I can, but I'm not going to arbitrarily toss money at them (or any business, really) just for the sake of keeping them solvent.

My fee was $15 for the first gun and $5 for each additional, but as I found out its generally not a sustainable business model because your losing the margin on a sale by transferring a non-sales taxed gun. I like those places, I use rainiers alot; most people however have forgotten that your local gun shops cant stay open if they arent making money. Driving small shops out of business means that in the long run youll have no choice but go to vances or gander with high transfer fees. Sorry getting down off my pedestal now; I miss my gun shop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My fee was $15 for the first gun and $5 for each additional, but as I found out its generally not a sustainable business model because your losing the margin on a sale by transferring a non-sales taxed gun. I like those places, I use rainiers alot; most people however have forgotten that your local gun shops cant stay open if they arent making money. Driving small shops out of business means that in the long run youll have no choice but go to vances or gander with high transfer fees. Sorry getting down off my pedestal now; I miss my gun shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the local gun shop needs to charge more for transfers to be profitable and stay in business, they they should do so.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good shop, friendly folks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the local gun shop needs to charge more for transfers to be profitable and stay in business, they they should do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree and like I said earlier, you have a valid point dale. I'll get off my high horse as well- I just don't want to pay an extra $25 per $50 lower. Anyway, thanks for the tips guys, I'll be gong to kyles. Kind if unrelated but I remember seeing commercials for his shop, I've just never been there.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Brick & Mortar business. We get $85 hr for our services. That's $21.25 per quarter hour. My FFL walks over to a stack of boxes, picks out my transfer and completes the process in about 10 minutes. He seems to be very happy with that. I  would also be happy with that. The service isn't worth more than $20 -$25 for a couple of rifles.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you still looking for someone? You may want to try D&G Guns. He lives a little outside of cincinnati and only charges $10 bucks for a transfer. He's a laid back guy, he'd probably work something out with you since its 4 lowers.

DONALD GASE
D & G GUNS
5235 COTTON RUN RD.
HAMILTON, OH 45011
Phone: 513-253-5188

Hope this helps.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top