Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/19/2014 7:39:50 PM EDT
.....while he and wife were out working as gullible conservatives tend to do in the middle of the day.  Obama's sons took it upon themselves to redistribute my brother's very limited wealth.  They cleaned out some of my sil's family heirloom jewelry, credit cards, cash, iPad, tv, etc. They had one gun which I had given them as a wedding gift.  Stevens 200 .270 with simmons aetec so we could hunt some time before he left TX for work up there.  Keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your brother's robbery. Thieves suck...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow,  that sucks,  

Www.dropcam.com
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If your brother needs a loner for home protection please contact me. We are likely less than an hour apart.

It leaves me with an uneasy feeling thinking he may be completely unarmed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the offer Topper. I have to talk to him again about his security plan from here on out. Toledo is temporary for his M.D. residency but they have 3 or 4 years ahead of them still.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
SOB's!!

keep an eye pealed for the stolen rifle--check out local pawns, gun shows, local ads. crooks are usually pretty stoopid.

hope he filed a police report. will homeowner's policy cover it?

sorry to hear of the loss.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The .270 strikes me as likely to wind up getting pawned.  There aren't many places left in Toledo that sell used guns.  419 Deals at 1782 Arlington does (and isn't far from UTMC if your brother lives around there; they also occasionally list stuff on Gunbroker.com as "419 Deals").  There's also Big Buffalo Pawn Shop, but it's way out in Delta.
The traditional gun shops are Gander Mountain in Holland, Cleland's in Swanton, and Cabela's in Dundee, MI (in order of distance from Toledo).
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The .270 strikes me as likely to wind up getting pawned.  There aren't many places left in Toledo that sell used guns.  419 Deals at 1782 Arlington does (and isn't far from UTMC if your brother lives around there; they also occasionally list stuff on Gunbroker.com as "419 Deals").  There's also Big Buffalo Pawn Shop, but it's way out in Delta.
The traditional gun shops are Gander Mountain in Holland, Cleland's in Swanton, and Cabela's in Dundee, MI (in order of distance from Toledo).
View Quote

Yep. I'll keep my eyes peeled when I stop in at  big buffalo. There's no Maumee Valley show until September.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#8]
If your brother needs a loner for home protection please contact me. We are likely less than an hour apart.
View Quote

occasionally someone says something that gives me hope that all of humanity doesnt consist of ignorant, rude, selfish people. That was the nicest offer i have seen to a stranger in quite some time. I own Spence gunsmithing in Dayton. If you are ever out this way you have 50$ free credit for labor. Just remind me of this post. You do not see that kind of generosity often and i am glad to reward it.  We need more firearms owners to have that kind of attitude.

And to the guy who had the 270 stolen. May you be lucky enough to happen to catch that scum, while you happen to be carrying a bat
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in just outside of Toledo. Ill keep an eye out.  Sorry to hear the bad news.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
That blows..........Nobody expects to be robbed, but I bet a safe is in their future. I live in the hood (sort of) because it's close to work, but I have the best safes and insurance money can buy, just in case. Most people (crooks) are smart enough to sell a gun where they don't need to produce ID, doubt it will turn up any place reputable. Your family members need to consider a his and hers pistol set and some training, times are changing and it ain't lookin good for honest folks.................
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

occasionally someone says something that gives me hope that all of humanity doesnt consist of ignorant, rude, selfish people. That was the nicest offer i have seen to a stranger in quite some time. I own Spence gunsmithing in Dayton. If you are ever out this way you have 50$ free credit for labor. Just remind me of this post. You do not see that kind of generosity often and i am glad to reward it.  We need more firearms owners to have that kind of attitude.

And to the guy who had the 270 stolen. May you be lucky enough to happen to catch that scum, while you happen to be carrying a bat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top