Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/18/2014 8:06:33 AM EDT
gay... 4$ just to re-print the PDF...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
This is very stupid.  When I buy mine online, I make several copies.  You used to be able to save a copy, but not anymore.  Why does it cost $4 to reprint a license on computer paper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is very stupid.  When I buy mine online, I make several copies.  You used to be able to save a copy, but not anymore.  Why does it cost $4 to reprint a license on computer paper.
View Quote

Is this a change this year? I always save it to my computer. I may have to "print" to PDF just to keep a copy
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.

I commented on this a week ago and got this response...

Thank you for the email.  Even though we are not printing the license we do have to pay to store the image and data from the license you purchase.  If the image and data weren’t stored you would have to purchase a new license at full price and not a duplicate.

I responded that the storage cost should be covered with the initial license cost and a database query shouldn't cost me $4. I haven't received a response to that...

Bikejunky
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If you think $4.00 is bad, don't lose your drivers license.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you think $4.00 is bad, don't lose your drivers license.
View Quote

That is what I was thinking, and other gubernment agency and a reprint would likely cost more then the original  

JLE
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
instead of printing to a printer, use a pdf printer like "pdfcreator" and save your own pdf file. then print it as many times as you like.

I do this with al my deer tags. you used to be able to save those as well but now the only option is to print.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]
As many have said, just change the print option to "Save as PDF".  Voila, you can now print it as many times as you want.  That's what I do for all my licenses.  

Being that they are just printer paper, it pays to have backups.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can still save a copy.  I just did when I bought my fishing license last week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#9]

I'll save it manually.  There used to be a save option on ODNR's page when you bought them.  I guess they found an untapped revenue source with the computer illiterate

Quoted:

You can still save a copy.  I just did when I bought my fishing license last week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll save it manually.  There used to be a save option on ODNR's page when you bought them.  I guess they found an untapped revenue source with the computer illiterate

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I did think it was a bit outrageous they charged you to reprint in your own home, with your own ink and your own paper.  That was a bit over the top for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I'll scan mine in case my wallet gets wet or something.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can still save a copy. Just "print" a copy to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]

An economic reason for the fee is to make you be careful with the license and not lose it.  People value and take care of the things they have to pay for far more than things they don't have to pay for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I just scan mine and make several copies
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can still save a copy. Just "print" a copy to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#16]
If one has adobe acrobat (not the acrobat reader but the full program) there is an option installed for most every program that will allow printing to pdf.  When i bought my fishing license I just printed it to a pdf and then can open whenever to print another one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
No need to pay for a pdf printer. go here I use it very often.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No need to pay for a pdf printer. go here I use it very often.
View Quote

That is a good program.   For me adobe acrobat came with my scanner so that is what I use for printing to pdf.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top