Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 1:07:07 PM EDT
So I contacted all of my representatives about the ATF's 7N6 situation, actually before the ruling came out. I know Senator Brown is a democrat but I still find it important to let him know where I stand as a member of his constituency.

I can't say I'm surprised with his response, but here it is.

Dear plumber576:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the April 7, 2014 decision by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to prevent the import of Russian-made 7N6 5.45x39 ammunition.

In the ATF's official press release, the agency explained that as a result of examinations required under the rule of the Gun Control Act, the ammunition in question had been found to have a steel core, and thus under existing law be considered armor piercing. The release is available on-line at: http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/04/040714-special-advisory-test-examination-and-classification-7n6-545x39-ammunition.html

I support Second Amendment rights to own a firearm and believe that it is important to review any legislation for potential undesirable effects.

However, when our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, then we as a country must take action. The shocking numbers of public shootings throughout the country, including Newtown, Connecticut, demands that we engage in a serious national discussion about gun violence, not just in terms of weapons and bullets, but also including mental health access, public safety officers, and our responsibility both as individuals and a society.

Should any legislation concerning ammunition sales come before the Senate for a vote, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown

United States Senator

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
FSB. Missed a huge opportunity not getting rid of him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading this a few times I decided to follow-up with Senator Brown (or his staff).

Dear Senator Brown:

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my email. In reviewing your response I wish to follow-up in regards to your following statement:

However, when our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, then we as a country must take action. The shocking numbers of public shootings throughout the country, including Newtown, Connecticut, demands that we engage in a serious national discussion about gun violence, not just in terms of weapons and bullets, but also including mental health access, public safety officers, and our responsibility both as individuals and a society.
View Quote

Could you please explain how limiting the availability of an ammunition not used in any of these tragic events (or a ban on any ammunition) actually improves safety? Is it not also important to support rights of the millions of shooters and their ability to exercise their right? A ban on such ammunition that has been available for decades places great financial strain on shooters and comes off as a non-legislative restraint on our Second Amendment rights. Are bureaucratic actions from the ATF like this something you support?

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

plumber576
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know how he won re-election in Ohio. I cringe every time I hear him open his mouth and spew his foolishness.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll be looking forward to the reply.
View Quote

So do I............
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know how he won re-election in Ohio. I cringe every time I hear him open his mouth and spew his foolishness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post says it all!.............

I think the same way........
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Totally predictable response from that worm.

"I support your rights, but......."

There's ALWAYS a "but..."

He's fucking LYING about supporting your right own arms, too. He'd ban them in a second, if he thought he could do it and keep his "job".
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Sherrod brown does not "support" the second amendment... he's a full blown leftist democrat party hack...  

from time to time I feel the need to send an email, or better yet, give his office a call, to express my sheer dissatisfaction w/ him being a regime hack...  

I agree w/ the OP, it's good to let the POS know we're out here and oppose him...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck Sherrod "the shit stain" Brown
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I sure know how--Freaking VOTER FRAUD! Pure and simple. Here's the FACE of VOTE FRAUD:

You have people like the woman from Cincy who got caught and admitted she voted 5 or 6 separate times. The fraudster saw nothing wrong with this!!

She was sentenced to 5 years prison in court, but just got released "super early" after serving (get this) 8 MONTHS!

She's now a Star in her "Hood" for beating "The Man."

OH Woman Convicted of Voter Fraud Honored by Democrats

How much longer can Ohio and America put up with this?

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I sure know how--Freaking VOTER FRAUD! Pure and simple
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I sure know how--Freaking VOTER FRAUD! Pure and simple

Brown won with 325,000 more votes than Mandel, and 38,000 votes above 50% (50.7% total)...I highly doubt it was election fraud.

Repeal the 17th amendment, though, and take it out of the public's hands. The Senate is supposed to represent the states and their interests in the Federal government, not be a "super representative" of the people.

Alright, sorry to threadjack.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top