Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/14/2014 5:13:51 PM EDT
Had to satisfy my curiosity so I went over to the new Great Lakes Outdoor Supply Store (GLOS) over in Bainbridge. It's at the corner of SR #306 and the 422 Freeway exit in Geauga County. I have to say, their firearm selection is very good. It's also pretty impressive in that they have about all you could need for hunting, fishing, camping, kayaking, shooting, camp cooking, ammo, storage cans, just about anything.They even have a good selection of animal feeds: bird foods, dog, cat. horse chows, and stuff like wood shavings, floor mats, feed buckets for the equines. Huge gun safes. A lot of outdoor clothing and boots. Kind of a "one stop" shop.

Staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable (especially at the handgun counter.)

My wife said she was talking to a grandmother there at the rifle counter who came there with her grandson on his birthday. Grandma promised the kid "one gun of your choosing." The kid picked out a $3,200.00 gun and Grams was trying to round up her credit cards to see which would do the deal. (man--that's a far cry from the $49 single barrel 12 ga Pa got me back in 1958...memories, memories....)

The only downside (at least to me who is retired and living on a fixed income) were the firearm prices; seemed a bit stiff to me. Maybe I've been out of the loop too long. Example: I just bought some factory SIG SAUER mags for my Pro 2022 on line for $32. GLOS has them on their racks for $47.00 and with tax that's $50 per.

Plenty of ammo there. American Eagle 100 round value packs of .223 Rem w/55gr FMJ at $39.99. Had skids of them there. Tula 7.62 x 39 as well for $7.99 a box of 20. Skids of American Eagle 12 ga buckshot packed in .50 cal army ammo cans. A lot of 12 ga skeet and trap ammo.

P.S.
FWIW, they had Congressman Dave Joyce out there yesterday and GLOS has his "Vote for Me" yard signs in their lobby for your taking. Not many were moving out that I saw. In fact, my drive out there through Cong. Joyce's hometown was surprising to say the least. I saw dozens of yard signs for his Republican primary opponent, Matt Lynch, promising "More Jobs and Less Government." Looked to these old eyes that Mr. Joyce may have a battle in the May primary.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
$8 for 20 rounds of 7.62x39 Tulammo?  It's $5.47 at Walmart. Cabelas sells the Herters (which is also Tulammo) for $5.99 regularly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
They are much better than Gander.  Neither are ANY good for trade-ins.  $200 credit for a LNIB Glock.  But GLOS has great sales.  Watch for them and enjoy several items, guns, ammo, reloading ect at or near cost.  However, outside of the sales they dangle out there to lure you in, the every day prices are pretty high.  

As far as CS, there are a few that make it and a few that break it.  I know which ones I will engage in conversation and which I won't.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]

I think it's great that they opened an outdoor store in the area. The nearest one is Dicks (if you consider that an outdoor store) down in Aurora.

I can go to the gym, the grocery store and now gun store all in one stop/trip.

I'm disappointed I missed the grand opening over the weekend but I plan to stop in there this week.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they have 9mm S&W shields in stock for the advertised flyer price???
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
they are not my first choice to go shopping
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they have 9mm S&W shields in stock for the advertised flyer price???
View Quote

Yes. I finger fucked one today. They also had the new baby .380 Glock...it's cute, but I'll wait until they come out with the 9mm version.

I was in there today around noon just to look around. In the few minutes that I was at the gun counter there were three people buying guns (1 Sig w/ laser/holster sale combo, 1 SW Bodyguard w/ laser/holster combo, and a third that I didn't catch).

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they are not my first choice to go shopping
View Quote

Where IS your first choice??
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top